588,238 active members*
4,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Looking for a mentor for a Tormach, NW Montana

Looking for a mentor for a Tormach, NW Montana

I need some help with learning to run my new Tormach. I have the full 4 axis package, but no CNC experience. Lokking for help in the Kalispell area.

Did you end up finding anyone yet?

I live in Missoula and would like a mentor...

No, I haven't found anyone yet. I was severely injured in an accident in late '07 and am just now beginning to be able to get around to catch up with my shop work. When I do that I will try to learn about the Tormach.
    John

TOSA TOOL PRESENTS: TURN KEY SOLUTIONS WITH THE TORMACH PCNC 1100

The Tormach PCNC 1100 provides an unparalleled opportunity to the small business entrepreneur, hobbiest or inventor needing specialized parts or accessories by offering CNC (Computer Numeric Control) quality and reliability while keeping startup costs low.

Tosa Tool is a comprehensive choice to help you turn your ideas into reality using the Tormach PCNC 1100. Located just 20 minutes from Tormach LLC, the originator and only distributor of this quality machining center, Tosa Tool partners with you to get your projects on your new Tormach PCNC up and running as fast as you can tell us the specifications.

We have enjoyed our work in manufacturing for 20 years, with diverse experience machining all types of metals, wood, plastics, phenolics, some stone and even glass. All projects, small and specialized, to full scale turnkey manufacturing are worked out in detail on our PCNC 1100 before we ship it to you, ensuring rapid recovery of your investment in the Tormach PCNC 1100 Mill.

Consultations can range from implementation of small specialized projects to development of full scale manufacturing systems.

An example of a small project would be a simple CAM program, delivering G&M code file based on your idea or drawing, all specific to the Tormach PCNC mill. If you would like to be cutting your parts quickly and don’t have time to learn programming software, this can be a quick way to get started.

A more comprehensive project would be development of a full turnkey manufacturing process.If you have a family of small parts that you want to manufacture you will probably need several things in addition to a PCNC mill. The manufacturing process would include CAD, CAM, G&M code files, tool specification, work holding fixtures, and documented work instructions. The combination of a well defined process and a PCNC mill can be the quickest way to establish in-house manufacturing capability.

Tosa Tool’s owner, Dan Bye ( [email protected] ) will gladly speak with you about how to turn your ideas and manufacturing requirements into productive solutions with the Tormach CNC.

To see examples of our Turn Key Solutions work see our TKS Examples page

www.tosatool.com/tormach.htm