587,564 active members*
3,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool data and Tool offset pages??

I am new to Mazak & this forum, so my apologies if this quetion has already beens asked and answered.

We have a Mazak QT Nexus 250 II - which we prefer to program using EIA.

We have a situation whereby we want to use what we call a "double offset" on a tool (IE: T001212 and T001224).

We can't do this in the Tool Data page as there are only 12 tool offsets available. However in the Tool Offset page there are 99 tool offsets available, but we cannot get them to work.

Having scoured the forum it seems that Tool Data is for Mazatrol G53.5 and Tool Offset is for EIA G54-59. But you cannot get the tooleye to work in the tool offset page (IE: it will not register the data automatically and you have to copy it from the Tool Data page).

1) I am aright in assuming all of the above is correct?

2) Can you use both the Tool data and the Tool offset pages in conjunction with one another? - if you can then how do i do this, please.

3) Have i got confused somewhere? Wait i think i know the answer to that one!

Thanks in advance

Mazatrol coordinate system = G53 or G53.5

cancel mazatrol coordinate system = G52 or G52.5

without the G52, the G54-59 eia fixture offsets won't work.

I think if you go to the (EIA) Tool offset page, you can get the tool eye to work from there directly? Memory is fuzzy on that one.

The mazatrol coordinate system is a magnificent thing of beauty. It can work quite well for EIA, also.

I forget, but I think you can T1212 and T1224 in EIA? That's tool 12, PLUS the value in EIA offset register 12 or 24. reset cancels the eia offset, but NOTHING cancels the mazatrol offset that goes with the tool call. T1200 indexes the turret and puts the mazatrol tool data offset numbers, usually found by tool eye, into the coordinate syste, Reset doesn't cancel the offfset, calling another turret position does.

The mazatrol/EIA combination makes for a better EIA experience. Turning off the mazatrol coordinate system looses a lot of operational benefits mazak offers as far as the man-machine operation interface.

-jim

Jim, thanks for that,

Still not quite sure how to use the Mazatrol/EIA combination though as when we put values into the tool offset page they do nothing.

Does this mean i need to put in a G52, or is that for fixture offsets only?

Do i need to change some (F) parameter somewhere, and if so what to? as i believe i have checked all the usual suspects and F84, F93, F94, etc but to no avail.

Thanks.

Getting a bit further with this now.

Our tool numbers were strange - the only thing we could get to work was T000404 (TO CALL UP TOOL 4 OFFSET 4) but we thought this didn't look right.

Anyway after changing parameters F161 & F162 to the correct settings (think it was bit 4 on F162, that was at fault) we can now use T004004, (first 004 calls up tool second 004 calls up offset, F161 can change this) which is the correct six digit tool call up as stated in the manual.

This has now allowed us to use the tool offset page.

However we can only use the Tool Offset GEOMETRY side, the Tool Offset WEAR still doesn't work.

This is not a problem as what we need to do is now acheivable - but if anyone has any ideas as to what we need to do to be able to use the Offset WEAR side of the TOOL OFFSET page then it would be appreciated.

Thanks