588,137 active members*
5,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ: Machine a prototype part - perhaps out of foam?

RFQ: Machine a prototype part - perhaps out of foam?

Evening all,

I have a new project and I'm looking for a small shop that can create the part for me. Below you'll see pictures of the 3D model. The part does not need to be hollow like the model.

We began machining it from foam ourselves but our equipment is simply too small to do the part in one piece (we'd have to machine and assemble 20 separate pieces). This part doesn't have to be made out of foam...but it has to be inexpensive and light and moderately 'strong' to withstand shipping it to us and making the tooling from it. We'll be making a tool for fiberglass and carbon fiber parts.

Size will be approximately 16.5 x 15 x 10

If you can help, I'd like to hear from you. We can discuss the project and obtain a quote. Emphasis on pricing here as the budget is very small for crafting the prototype.

You can reach me at 603.563.8384 7 days a week, or shoot me an email at josephmartins AT verizon.net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side-c.jpg   front-c.jpg   back-c.jpg   side2-c.jpg  

A Cobra....cool rendering.

Dimensions..

What are the units for the dimensions you listed? inches, feet?

inches...sorry about that