587,362 active members*
3,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach3 motor spins one way

Hello I have an issue with a computer that is setup with smooth stepper and has three ports 1,2,3. there are x,y,z,a axis enabled in mach and x,y,z all turn properly but "A" doesnt. I have checked for continuity on all 4 of the wires from db25 board to stepper drive for "A" and motor will run in 1 direction but not both, if I switch step and direction pins motor will spin in other direction? swithing high or low doesnt do a thing and Ive tryed or made sure that polarity is not an issue as well with step-+ direction-+ etc... used different port as well. Im at a lose? I think ill try a new drive, but not sure. Any idea will be thanked"!

I seem to be able to change direction just by changing step and direction pins on ports and pins for motor output but yet when I jog it will only go 1 direction or the other with the change but not both. This is a stepper driven axis and the others are servo, they are all hooked up the same and I've tried a new drive for stepper. The motor has the same resistance as a new motor, and I'm using cw250 drive with cp+- and cw+- the only thing I have not tried is changing the windings configurations etc... Beginning to p me off.

Solved problem

Seems as thought a dip switch was wrong on the drive works good now, thanks for any views.