588,532 active members*
8,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Upload/download programs with RS232 on lynx with Mitsu 50L controller

Upload/download programs with RS232 on lynx with Mitsu 50L controller

I have a Daewoo Lynx with a Mits M50L controller, no floppy drive just a RS232. I am trying to step it down to USB and upload/download programs on my laptop.

I have been trying with Mastercam editor and EasyDNC demo with no luck.
    It says device not ready on controler when I try to download. I have a line tester hooked up and the port is working, just not downloading for me.

Does anyone do something similar and could give me any suggestions.

I have been considering getting a Calmotion disk reader or a CNCGcoder from RBR, but they are about $800.

http://www.rbrusa.com/CncGcoder/CncGcoderHD.html

http://calmotion.com/
    Live free or die

You might look here: http://www.aggsoft.com/cnc-dnc/mitsubishi-m50.htm

Also, I've had handshake problems with USB to Serial converters. If all else fails, try a Quatech SSP-100 PCMCIA to Serial Adapter.

Thanks dcoupar, I gave it a try with the DNCprecision software to no avail.

I have even tried to go straight from rs232 to rs232 on a different PC just to see if it works and it wont work.

I am at my wits end here not sure what to do with the entire situation. Is anyone out there transferring programs on and off a Meldas 50 that could give me a hand.
    Live free or die

080205-0746 EST USA

Chuck Reamer:

I do not have any specific information on your controller.

If it has a Fanuc DB25 pinout. Then the easy starting point is to jumper pin 4 to 5, and separately jumper together 6, 8, and 20. Now only work with the signal lines.

Pin 7 is signal common, and pin 1 is shield common. These are internally directly connected together, 0 resistance, or maybe a 100 ohms resistance as on HAAS.

Pin 2 is TxD, the transmit out signal. When no data is being sent is about -10 V relative to pin 7, but might be -5 on newer systems such as laptop computers or Dell desktops.

Pin 3 is RxD, the signal input lead. With no external connection is about 0 V relative to pin 7.

With only the jumper wires in place connect a DC voltmeter between pin 2 and 7. Reading should be more negative than -5 V. Now send data and the voltage should fluctuate in the range of +/-1 V.

If this occurs, then the next step is get your computer to receive the data.

DOWNLOAD

YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM DOWNLOADING INTO YOUR PC VIA YOUR 9 PIN PORTS. THE PROBLEM IS YOU DON'T HAVE THE CORRECT SOFTWARE.

RADIO SHACK HAS ALL YOU NEED TO WIRE YOURSELF UP.

BAD DOG

im going to try this stuff out thanks guys, Bad Dog what software do you suggest?????

Ive got bigger problems right now, the turret is off the lathe right now sitting on a work bench. Ill give this a try when ive time.
    Live free or die

We have that lathe with that control. Swap files no problem through the RS232

We use Sdnc for software but any communication program will do. Sdnc is bundled with Surfcam but it runs as a stand alone on any PC.

The cable prep is the same as Fanuc.

We use Cimco Software... it's the best... you should check it out at:

http://www.wirelessshopfloor.com/
    ~Tony~

try turning off the buffer on the com port I've found the comports are just to fast for the controllers on the cnc and use a nul modem cable

I tried everything im my power and now I have someone coming in to get me Cimco edit and set up the whole thing to transfer for me.

Thanks for all the responses, I hate when I try something for ever and cant get it right.
    Live free or die

Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com