Greetings - I am just now finishing converting my Logan Lathe to ballscrew and stepper drive for both axis. I have a plan to use touchy with an ELO 17" touchscreen to control everything. I have my own ideas on what I want out of the UI, and plan on doing my own from scratch oriented towards canned cycles like turn/face/taper/thread/peck drill, etc screens with the idea the lathe will mostly be used for one-off operations where a conversational approach makes more sense then an MDI interface orientated towards executing g-code.

The problem is I am just getting started studying what I have to learn to make this happen, and in the mean time I'd like to be able to use the lathe, accepting MDI and g-code as the price to pay for having torn out my hand wheels and QC gearbox for the time being. However, I really don't want to have to use a keyboard and mouse as the setup I have really has no room to add a temporary console to house them. Things are already crowded in the part of the shop where the lathe resides.

I've been hoping I could find a touchy UI setup for lathe so I could use my touchscreen now, but I'm not seeing anything doing a web search. Is there something out there I missed or maybe someone has already done this and could maybe share some UI code with me?

TIA/Steve