586,754 active members*
7,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Scaling toolpaths in one axis only ?

Hybrid View

Re: Scaling toolpaths in one axis only ?

Hi Carol

There isn` t a practical way of scaling tool paths in only one plane. I`f you have scanned in a 3D model then i would use that to create the various sizes that you require and create a bespoke programme for each size.
    Scaling tool paths are something i would personally avoid as it is likely you will get unecpected results , where as by using individual models keeps things tidy and less likely to cause problems.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards.

Thanks for the reply Routerfiend ! Much appreciated

Yeah we'll have to scale the 3D model and make the bespoke programme for each side if we can't find a work around ! It's just a complicated programme per size so ideally we'd just do the programme once and scale it to the different sizes

Before my time Alphacam made a made a bespoke macro for the company to scale toolpaths in one plane only. This was for a much older version of alphacam that's obsolete on modern computers and I cant get the updated version of alphacam to load the macro. I'll make a new thread to see if anyone can edit an old macro to make to work on modern versions of alphacam!

When you say it wouldn't be practical to scale 3D toolpaths , does that mean you know a way ( albeit impractical )?

Quote Originally Posted by Routerfiend View Post
    Hi Carol

There isn` t a practical way of scaling tool paths in only one plane. I`f you have scanned in a 3D model then i would use that to create the various sizes that you require and create a bespoke programme for each size.
    Scaling tool paths are something i would personally avoid as it is likely you will get unecpected results , where as by using individual models keeps things tidy and less likely to cause problems.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards.