588,574 active members*
12,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > My new Mill, What model is it??

My new Mill, What model is it??

So what can anyone tell me about this machine, I just purchased. I am planning on complety retro fitting this guy with Servo's and using a PC base system (Probably Mach3). I can't seem to find in real information/spec's about it. The seller said the hour counter is at 149 hours and that it was Hurco Display Machine. Hopefully I didn't buy 4200lbs of scrap metal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d2f0_1.jpg   d399_1.jpg  

You bought the one that I was about to Buy IT NOW!!! Boy was I sad...

It should be a very nice machine and I too was looking to convert it to Mach3.

I believe that it is a Model MB-1 ...the real question will be if it has the drivers for those servos...as if they are missing, talk about expensive...we were actually planning on switching out the servos to something newer than early 80's so that we could use the Gecko drivers...

Good luck, my delay in Buying It Now was that he would not ship...and I was trying to arrange a Rigger to take it to a freight transport...

If you fall out of love with it drop me a line.

Best Regards,

Preston

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Preston E View Post
    You bought the one that I was about to Buy IT NOW!!! Boy was I sad...

It should be a very nice machine and I too was looking to convert it to Mach3.

I believe that it is a Model MB-1 ...the real question will be if it has the drivers for those servos...as if they are missing, talk about expensive...we were actually planning on switching out the servos to something newer than early 80's so that we could use the Gecko drivers...

Good luck, my delay in Buying It Now was that he would not ship...and I was trying to arrange a Rigger to take it to a freight transport...

If you fall out of love with it drop me a line.

Best Regards,

Preston
    Sorry about that, It was just to clean looking to pass up. It will be a haul to get it from IL to Georgia but I am hoping it is worth it. If it doesn't work out I will let you know.