587,997 active members*
2,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Predator Backplot

Predator Backplot

In Bobcad v23 when I go to edit gcode in predator there is no Backplot button so I can't view the tool path. Backplot doesn't show in any of the menus.

Inside bobcad I can use verify to watch the toolpath. Just can't do it in Predator.

i have the same problem please post if you get it figured out

You must have Level 2 of the Predator Editor to get the Backplot facility.

Open Bobcad and click on "Help" then "License" and look under "Edit/DNC", if you have level 2 then it will show that both Level 1 and Level 2 have a "tick" (check) beside them, if only Level 1 is "checked" then you don`t have the Backplot facility.

See image below.

If you have the correct License and you can`t make it work you may need your Post Processor updating and/or downloading and installing the latest version of Predator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails backplot.jpg  

That's it. The Edit/DNC boxes are not checked. Does that mean I would have to pay something to add that feature?

Quote Originally Posted by bret4 View Post
    That's it. The Edit/DNC boxes are not checked. Does that mean I would have to pay something to add that feature?

Hi Bret4

Yes, afraid so, the Level 2 Predator is an Option that is extra, the Level 1 ships as standard with V23.

If you feel you were perhaps misled by the sales person then I think that they do record all calls so if there is some doubt as to what you purchased then you should follow it up with Customer Services.

Having said that the Level 2 Option is well worth the extra (You can get a good deal with a little bartering!!) as it does run the backplot simulation from the actual "G" code and not from the tool path, I know this may sound weird but the "Verify" may show that all is well and the part looks good but the code could easily be incorrect and the Preditor Backplot will show any defects in the code, it will also give a reasonably accurate "run time estimate" which can be useful.

Thanks, I'll have to check with bobcad on what they want for it.

The Predator Backplot is incredibly useful when setup properly. I love it.

Because it works with G Code, it will also backplot exisiting files as well. Just add a Header section describing the stock and the tools and you'll get very fast 3D simulation.