Hi all,

I've previously been doing 180 degree arcs by this method: (starting point X0 Y0.5) G03 X0 Y-0.5 R0.5 but the manual says that arcs approaching 180 degrees are notoriously inaccurate.

Now when I attempt to do a full 360 degress by typing G03 X0 Y0.5 R-0.5 I get a runtime error and TurboCNC exits to DOS. To get around this I combined two combined 180 degree arcs separated by a pause of 5ms, which seems to clear up the crashing issue, but I'm left with a slight pause which I'd like to get rid of entirely.

I was also having a problem of the program ramping down, pausing, and speeding back up at each quadrant. This was solved by turning the backlash off.

When I try to use the I/J/K method for declairing a center to arc around, I get an error message saying that I have a zero or negative radius, when I most certainly do not. Even when running the simple example in the manual I still get this error message.

I'm just trying to do some helical thread cutting and I want a smooth 360 degree arc with no pauses - just a clean quick helical interpolation.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?