588,686 active members*
5,840 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > pacific science stepper motors

pacific science stepper motors

hello i need help i just bought three K32HMHK - LNK - NS - 00 stepper motors of ebay i going to use these on my tos milling cnc conversion.
    1580 oz/ins 6.1 amps (bi polar parallel) 35v according to the label on the motor, what drives would you recomend? and what power supply voltage? do i need is 35volt the max volts these take?.
    the tos milling machine is quite large i do not need super fast feed rate but want plenty of low down torque....all the best derkiow

derkiow-
    You should be able to find out all the motor info here:

http://www.pacsci.com/products/step_...cproducts.html

I have two similar pacsci motors, and they can take high voltage. You should be safe running these up to 100 volts, if not higher. Take a look at the drives that they sell, and you should have a good idea of what you need. I would think that Rutex or Gecko drives would work fine with that. I am using some IDC drives that I aquired. My drives take 110VAC input, and make it super easy to setup. I think that these drives probbably output well over 100vdc, and I have not had a problem.

Neatman

From the resistance and current(.56x6.1=3.416), the actual coil voltage at 6.1 amps would be 3.416 volts. Using the rule of thumb that you use a chopper drive with at least 10 times the coil voltage, you would get a voltage of about 35 volts, so that is probably the recommended voltage, and not the maximum. I think 100 volts might be a just a little high. Gecko recommends no more than 25 times the coil voltage, or about 85 volts for these motors.

Everyone recommends Gecko drives, and they would handle the current. You would need a power supply between 35v and 85v with about 15 amps or more.

You may want to also consider the MSD980 (7.9A@90V Max)
    We have just reduced the price to £72.85 plus vat.
    http://motioncontrolproducts.co.uk/p...products_id/75
    Motion Control Products Ltd
    www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

thank you for your help

Just to say thanks for your help.
    The last reply to the thread mentioned msd980 drives from motion control , i would be interested in these drives as the company is only about 20 mile away from me here in the uk. Does anyone know what these drives are like and how reliable are they. is there any other companies in the uk doing low cost stepper motor drives...........alll the best derkiow

hi forum
    would pacific science stepper drives 6410 be able to power these steppers,,,,,,,,derkiow