587,833 active members*
3,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC 0M ISSUE

IVe been trying to send & recieve. Sometimes it works but most time i get alarms (085, 086 & 087) 086 being the most common.
    All leads & plugs have been replaced & and terminated as per specifications.
    Sometimes when sending i will get LSK flashing but will not recieve anything. All paramaters within the controller & computer remain unchanged.
    This problems seems to be intermittant.. Works one minute but not the next.
    The controller is used on a Supermax V105A mill.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Danny

What type of cable are you using? Is it shielded, or cat 5 or ?
    How is your cable wired, and how long is it?
    What software are you using to send/recieve?
    What are the parameter settings?

What type of cable are you using? Is it shielded, or cat 5 or ?
    How is your cable wired, and how long is it?
    What software are you using to send/recieve?
    What are the parameter settings?
    Its a shielded RS232 cable, about 5 metres in length.
    Wired as such: 25pin/9pin
    2/2
    2/3
    7/5
    25 Pin side 4 - 5 bridged
    25 Pin side 6 - 8 - 20 bridged

Used parameters in both Mastercam Editor & Gibbs Editor
    Baud: 4800
    Data bits: 7
    Stop bits: 1
    Parity: Even
    Flow control: Xon/Xoff
    Xon Xoff characters: 17/19

Controller settings:
    0002 - 1
    0552 - 10
    TVON - 0
    ISO - 1
    Input I/O - 0

Is that a typo? Should be pin 2 -2 & 3 -3
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I would connect the shield to pin 1 on the 25-pin side.

Dan Fritz recommends NOT jumpering 6-8-20, but instead jumpering 6-8 on the 25-pin side and connecting them to pin 4 on the 9-pin side. This can help with 086 alarms.

Also, in Windows Control Panel, go into the System - Hardware - Device Manager - Ports (COM & LPT) - right-click on the port you are using. Under Properties, Port Settings - Advanced, turn off the FIFO buffers. This may help with the 085 and 087 alarms.

go to radio shack.. buy a 5 foot rs232 cable.. buy a null modem adapter and a the converter to 25 pin.. and ur set.. should cost you about 20 bucks... if you still are having problems you and you have a memory board on this machine that its bad.. if no memory board then its the main board.. also check the cable running form the electrical panel to the cnc to see if its in good shape..

Is that a typo? Should be pin 2 -2 & 3 -3
    Al.
    Yes that was a typo...

I would connect the shield to pin 1 on the 25-pin side.

Dan Fritz recommends NOT jumpering 6-8-20, but instead jumpering 6-8 on the 25-pin side and connecting them to pin 4 on the 9-pin side. This can help with 086 alarms.

Also, in Windows Control Panel, go into the System - Hardware - Device Manager - Ports (COM & LPT) - right-click on the port you are using. Under Properties, Port Settings - Advanced, turn off the FIFO buffers. This may help with the 085 and 087 alarms.
    I'm willing to try anything to get this working... Hopefully is provides a positive result..

if you still are having problems you and you have a memory board on this machine that its bad.. if no memory board then its the main board..
    That's where i'm pretty much at now.. Which is why i have posted here in a last ditch effort to resolve the problem at minimal expense....

I'll post again later today after trying all your solutions.

Many thanks for the advice guys!

Try to make DNC cable according this article (full handshake):
    http://www.aggsoft.com/cnc-dnc/fanuc-0m.htm
    It works with my Fanuc O-MF and DNC precision software.
    Regards,
    Dan

Have you tried a different computer? I have worked with some with weak com chips. I have also had weak chips on the fanuc board. I used to be able to get the chips from Radio Shack. You'll have to go to Digi-Key now.

One machine picked up RF from the shop incoming lines and blew the com chips every year or so. I finally put in plugs and just swap them out.

As for the computer, you may be able to access com 2. Check the settings in the DNC software and move the plug to the other serial port (if you have two).

Robert

You said that parameter 002 was "1". Does that mean it's set to "00000001" ? If so, then your CNC is set to 2 stop-bits, not 1 stop-bit. You can set the DNC software to 4800 baud and 2 stop-bits, or you can set parameter 002 to all zeros. It doesn't matter whether you use 1 stop-bit or 2, but the CNC must match the PC.

I recommend you set parameter 002 to "10000000", and the PC to 4800 baud + 1 stop-bit. Jumpering 6-8-20 should be OK on the Fanuc 0, but we did encounter problems on the faster 20i and 30i controls. On those we recommend connecting pins 6 and 8 on the PC to pin 4 on the PC side.