588,380 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

decimal points

we got old milling machine with fanuc 11M control, and we not have parameter book... it need be programed with decimal points x y z... we need help about what parameter to change, so we can run programs without decimal points.. so we not need edit all the programs we already have..

Every Fanuc control I've ever used (including an 11M) is capable of using programs with or without decimal points. The only caution I have is to be careful to have ALL trailing "zeroes" in the numbers, keeping in mind the resolution of the particular machine. Most often this means 3 digits past the theoretical decimal point if programming in metric, 4 places if using inches.

For example, if you are programming 1.5432", you input 15432. If programming 1", you input 10000. If you were to input just "1", the machine would move only 1/10000th of an inch. Conversely, if you were to have an extra zero, prepare for a big repair bill unless you hand can reach the BRB (Big Red Button) before the machine slide crashes. Not likely if in rapid traverse!

Thanks for answer .... yes okay i understand ... but i would like it to run like the other fanuc we have.. so i can write x20 meaning 20mm.. now we have to write x20. and i know there is some parameter to change this, but i not remember which parameter...

Seems to me that all you have to do is output "X20000" to get the same result now. I am unaware of a parameter that essentially tells the control to disregard trailing and leading zeroes.

Quote Originally Posted by zarl View Post
    Thanks for answer .... yes okay i understand ... but i would like it to run like the other fanuc we have.. so i can write x20 meaning 20mm.. now we have to write x20. and i know there is some parameter to change this, but i not remember which parameter...
    I don't have an 11M manual either, but I remember something having to do with "calculator input" as a parameter. Anyone familiar with that?

Beege is correct it is called calculator and conventional method. You are looking to set it to calculator method. IIRC on the 11m control it should be the DPI bit, parameter 2400.0 change it =1 for calculator method.

Stevo