587,560 active members*
3,439 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CHMER EDM Machine problems

Hello all, I am a newbie in all this EDM machines and in CNC in general, I always have been working as OEM machines controls Engineer, however two weeks ago I was asked to support a CHMER machine, the problem is described asl follows: The machinist commented me he was working normally, then suddenly the machine stoped and the screen did not respond to ano button pressed then he shut down the power and restarted the machine, after this the machine started normally but when homming the screen again stoped to respond (the axis readings got frozen) after that the machine only turned on but the screen seemed not to comunicate with the CPU as the keyboard too, then I asked for support from CHMER in China, they asked me to do some test (verify voltages, wires, etc) but the problem remain, I connected an external keyboard entering to DOS and make an scandisk or Chkdisk, after this the machine restarted and all the software ran fine, the machine worked as always, but when executing a program, the machine only moves to home and stop, the readings in each axis in home position are: X=0.0000, Y=0.0000 and Z=-11.2986 (I supose this should be zero as well), after this we tried to make some other tests but next day we started the machine to do this, the OS stoped working too, the application can not work, the message that I see is only:

starting MS-DOS......

someone have had a similar problem or know where I can get support for this machine?
    I see CHMER service is not of the best, but I really need to fix this problem.

Thank you

chmer problem

I suggest reloading of machine software check for software backup and parameter on the control cabinet................

I don't know about Mexico but EDM Network handles Chmer in the US, you might try them.

http://www.edmnetwork.com/