586,094 active members*
3,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!
Page 25 of 41 15232425262735

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hyperryd

Which output Pin are you using in Mach3, for the PWM control this you could try it as active low and see if that will flip the PWM output
    Mactec54

The output is positive and the jumper is correct. Magtec please check your PM.

These are the only outputs. 17 is the spindle relay. Not sure on the other two, but no change when I flipped them to active low. 17 turned on the spindle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 54AF32A9-F289-482D-9C95-EE324AE45F90.jpg   69616BB9-BDA6-41DD-B7F6-B231F5EC7584.jpg  

Hyperryd

I Have some of these Breakout Boards so I did some testing more to do though

I found you have to have 0 for the minimum speed in the pulley settings, then I got almost the correct voltage output for the 0-10v so some more playing to do to see how to get these Boards working correct

In the Ports and Pins, Motor output, Spindle settings I found you need the Step Active Low checked
    Mactec54

Mactec54 Thanks for working with me on this. I will try those tomorrow. I have to get up early. Did you check your inbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstrikebob View Post
    Hi Pplug and other members of this forum.
    I have some issue about chinese VFD inverter with spindle.

First it was working perfectly with 18000 rpm.
    I factory resetted and reprogrammed. Now it's working but not more than 3000 rpm 50htz.

My current configuration is:
    PD013 = 01 instead of 08 ( I guess it's fake inverter)
    PD005 = 400
    PD004 = 400
    PD002 = 001
    PD070 = 01
    PD072 = 400
    Which is the configuration of my Huanyang inverter's manufacturer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbL...ature=youtu.be

The main problem is when i unplug spindle from my inverter it's working perfect at 400htz, 24000rpm.
    And when I plug my inverter to spindle it cant rotate more than 50htz 3000rpm if I try to rotate POT to increase htz it showed "dL" error and stopped.

I attached some video here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mc...-LkxWabRneie24

The problem could be on both spindle and inverter.
    So my question is:
    1) How to program my Inverter.
    2) How to check my spindle is working or not.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Sincerely Blink Strike
    Thread number 4 for the same thing, set the correct Parameters that I gave you and you will be running, if there is not damage, you need more than you have set to get it running, DL can also be damage caused by using incorrect Parameters

Looking at your wiring that also is incorrect, you have to use a Ground wire, your plug you are using is not suitable for powering a VFD Drive like this, you also want the input wiring connected to R=Hot /Live wire and Neutral connected to T Terminal and Ground to the Ground Terminal on the VFD
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    Mactec54 Thanks for working with me on this. I will try those tomorrow. I have to get up early. Did you check your inbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Spindle Cable ( IGUS ) CF6-15-04

Here is what you have to do for your Spindle Ground, as your 4th Pin in the Spindle Plug is not connected

Pin 1=U

Pin 2=V

Pin 3=W

Pin 4= Ground
    Mactec54

I also have this VFD and I am wondering about where to connect my boards in/outs to the VFD controller. I will make a new thread if needed but figured I would try here first

I have a Panucatt Gradus CNC board and a 1.5kw 220v VFD air cooled setup. Please LMK anything that could help.

TIA!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180423_221846[1].jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Creation View Post
    I also have this VFD and I am wondering about where to connect my boards in/outs to the VFD controller. I will make a new thread if needed but figured I would try here first

I have a Panucatt Gradus CNC board and a 1.5kw 220v VFD air cooled setup. Please LMK anything that could help.

TIA!

It looks like your Breakout Board does not have a Relay, but you could wire one to it

First check the output from the PWM terminal Ground on the BB, this should range from 0-10v this would then connect to the VI and ACM, just MDI a M3S12000 this should give you close to 5v at the PWM output, you need to get your Breakout Board working then it is easy to connect to the VFD Drive

The relay input to any spare outputs from the BB, the relay output would connect to FOR and DCM this is just a ON /Off switch
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It looks like your Breakout Board does not have a Relay, but you could wire one to it

First check the output from the PWM terminal Ground on the BB, this should range from 0-10v this would then connect to the VI and ACM, just MDI a M3S12000 this should give you close to 5v at the PWM output, you need to get your Breakout Board working then it is easy to connect to the VFD Drive

The relay input to any spare outputs from the BB, the relay output would connect to FOR and DCM this is just a ON /Off switch
    The board is a Panucatt CNC controller and I didn't think it would need any added electronics to control the VFD since that is what it is made for .

The board is a Panucatt CNC controller and I didn't think it would need any added electronics to control the VFD since that is what it is made for .
    If it has a built in relay then you can wire that relay direct to the VFD Drive For and DCM ,as I said, if it does not have a relay then you will need to add it as in the post above, by the schematic above it does not show any relays, on any of the outputs

Do you have a PDF manual for the Breakout Board, I checked your board, even the PWM is experimental so may not work either as it should, don't think you have a good choice of Board
    Mactec54

If it has a built in relay then you can wire that relay direct to the VFD Drive For and DCM ,as I said, if it does not have a relay then you will need to add it as in the post above, by the schematic above it does not show any relays, on any of the outputs

Do you have a PDF manual for the Breakout Board, I checked your board, even the PWM is experimental so may not work either as it should, don't think you have a good choice of Board
    I will not be using Mach3. I will be using Fusion 360 among others. Not sure if that makes a difference

I will not be using Mach3. I will be using Fusion 360 among others. Not sure if that makes a difference
    Fusion 360 is only the Cad Cam side, you still need to have a control of some kind, like Mach3 to control the machine, it does not matter what way you look at it nothing will happen with your stepper drive Board until you add a control of some kind, there are many to choose from, Mach3 being the most common UNCNC which is new, Planet CNC, Eding CNC, and many more
    Mactec54

Fusion 360 is only the Cad Cam side, you still need to have a control of some kind, like Mach3 to control the machine, it does not matter what way you look at it nothing will happen with your stepper drive Board until you add a control of some kind, there are many to choose from, Mach3 being the most common UNCNC which is new, Planet CNC, Eding CNC, and many more
    Yea, using "UGS" Universal Gcode Sender Platform.

The board is a Panucatt CNC controller and I didn't think it would need any added electronics to control the VFD since that is what it is made for
    It will control the speed, but it doesn't appear to have any controls to start and stop the spindle, which is what the relay is used for.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yea, using "UGS" Universal Gcode Sender Platform.
    So the setup for the VFD would not change with UGS, it would still have to be connected as I posted above, and you would need at least 1 relay for the spindle On / Off
    Mactec54

@mactec54 After your help the other night I finally got to try to use my table. Unfortunately after melting a bunch of plastic and a few profanities I finally figured out that the spindle is running in reverse rotation? How can I change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    @mactec54 After your help the other night I finally got to try to use my table. Unfortunately after melting a bunch of plastic and a few profanities I finally figured out that the spindle is running in reverse rotation? How can I change that?
    Check your Spindle wiring

U to Pin 1

V to Pin 2

W to Pin 3

Ground to Pin 4

If you have this correct, then swap any 2 Phases at the VFD, like U and V or V and W

There is also a parameter that can prevent the Spindle from running in Reverse

PD023=0
    Mactec54

So for all of the ones that told me that a relay is NEEDED, I just wanted to let you know that I did NOT need a relay for my setup. A relay is just making a connection between FOR and DCM on the VFD which is the same thing as jumpering it yourself. No need to over complicate things... I connected the Gradus boards 0-10v VFD to VI and GND to ACM. Works like a charm. Just have to make sure all of the PID settings are correct.

PD005 =400
    PD004 =400
    PD003 =400
    PD072 =400
    PD144 =3000
    PD001 =1

it means use external terminal to run and stop; the correspondent terminal in inverter is FOR + DCM
    PD002 =1
    it means inverter's rotation speed is controlled by 0-10V analog voltage; the correspondent terminal in inverter is VI + ACM, correspondent parameter PD072=400 (max rotation speed is 400Hz)
    If the analog voltage is 0-5V, PD070=1

So for all of the ones that told me that a relay is NEEDED, I just wanted to let you know that I did NOT need a relay for my setup. A relay is just making a connection between FOR and DCM on the VFD which is the same thing as jumpering it yourself. No need to over complicate things... I connected the Gradus boards 0-10v VFD to VI and GND to ACM. Works like a charm. Just have to make sure all of the PID settings are correct.

PD005 =400
    PD004 =400
    PD003 =400
    PD072 =400
    PD144 =3000
    PD001 =1

it means use external terminal to run and stop; the correspondent terminal in inverter is FOR + DCM
    PD002 =1
    it means inverter's rotation speed is controlled by 0-10V analog voltage; the correspondent terminal in inverter is VI + ACM, correspondent parameter PD072=400 (max rotation speed is 400Hz)
    If the analog voltage is 0-5V, PD070=1
    This is not new we all know that you can jumper this connection,( I have posted that before, for testing use only) the reason you need a relay is it is not safe to use without it

The Parameters are also what has been posted hundreds of times

So for anyone reading this post, this does not eliminate the use of a relay, when using PWM control, a Relay must be used for safety reasons
    Mactec54

Page 25 of 41 15232425262735