587,997 active members*
2,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > G-Code is not processing/running correctly or at all

Exclamation G-Code is not processing/running correctly or at all

We have a MultiCAM 1000 series machine built in 2005. We came in this morning to a new mysterious problem that has got us and some MultiCAMeast tech support pretty stumped. It was running perfectly yesterday and it started up just fine this morning. All of the hardware works, machine hard homed, spindle warmup ran and we can jog it at any speed around the x,y,z axis. However, when you go to run a program from the JobServer, the machine will rapid traverse to the start point and then sort of freeze up and go into a super slow crawl. The spindle doesn't turn on and the x,y,z steppers groan and move at a speed that is much slower than they were ever meant to go. We can get the spindle to turn on using the control pad through the warmup procedure or using the cut utilities which are built in. However, even though the cut utilities work and will turn the spindle on, the x,y,z axis still groan and go at a super slow pace, not at all the feed rate set by default or by program. The x,y,z axis are just fine as jogging the machine shows no signs of issues. This is only a problem when we go to run a program.

I've restarted, cleaned connections, reconfigured programs and still no change in what's going on.

I'm worried that it's a motherboard issue and beyond any help other than rebuilding our computer but hoping that someone may have a trick up their sleeve or at least seen a similar issue and has some insight.

Any help, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: G-Code is not processing/running correctly or at all

Give me a call I think this is going to require asking quite a few questions.

Maurice Phelps
    678-548-1483
    MCP Services

Re: G-Code is not processing/running correctly or at all

Maurice got me straightened out within 10 minutes on the phone. Turns out Job Server had reset to default and erased all of our settings and M-code definitions. After getting our settings straight everything worked as it should.

Can't thank you enough, Maurice! Anyone looking for a CNC tech that really knows his stuff and has the hands on experience needed, give him a call.