588,156 active members*
4,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Invert code

Invert code

Hello All. I have a very large toolpath file. The code makes the machine move from X0mm to X2438.4mm then back to x0mm to X2438.4mm pass after pass. I want the machine to cut in a back and forth motion. I want it to move X0 to X2438.4mm then X2438.4mm to X0 X0 to X2438.4mm and so on. Here is a sample of code. Is it possible to invert the second half of the code that is backwards? Mabe in Excel. Thanks JP
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like a 3D toolpath over A-axis. I would just change the cut using whatever CAD/CAM system programmed it..... unless it was hand typed and calculated to begin with. In that case, I'd use a CAD system to reprogram it with the cutting method you want...

:cheers:
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Hello psychomill, Yes it is a 3D toolpath. The toolpath was created with CNCToolkit from a polyline mesh DXF drawing. CNCToolkit is not capable of changing the toolpath to the direction that I want at this point in time. That is why I asking if it is possible to invert the numbers in a spreadsheet like Excel. Thanks JP

It might be possible but that will be one hell of an Excel macro I think. You have a lot of code to reverse and only need to reverse every other pass. It might be easier if you isolate the passes you want to reverse and have excel do that. I'm not up to snuff for that though so I'm not much help.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....