Hello All,

My name is Dennis. Until 1995 I was a machinist for 13 years. I ran many different CNC Mills and Lathes. I never got into programing though. I am in the process of building a small CNC router. I have decided to build the 4 axis break out board and 3 Unipolar Control boards. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure if the motors I have will be strong enough. I can't find specs for them. They came from a copy machine. 2 are Shinano Kenshi STP-42D253 1.8 deg/step 2.6V 1.2A. The other is a Japan Servo Co.Type KH42JM2B018 1.8 deg/step 4.29V 1.3A. I intend to use the machine mainly for cutting out less then 1/4" plywood and 1/8" graphite for R/C models. This first machine is primarily to learn CNC programing. This first machine will have a working area of about 8"x8". I need to keep this CHEAP. I acquired glides from a company I used to work for. They are made from Accuride glides. They were originally designed as an X-Y table for a medical diagnostic machine. The glides are already welded together at perfect right angle to form a square. I have posted pics of the motors and glides. So any help Will be greatly appreciated.

Neptune (Dennis)