588,386 active members*
5,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Dyna Mini CNC

I have a Dyna 2400 mini bench top cnc mill, are there any other Dyna users out there?
    -Dan
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

I love the sig...
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

LOL, not many people actually catch that... this only means that you spend way too much time with your computer.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

dyna myte 2400 mill

Hi,

I have a DYNA MYTE 3000 CNC LATHE. I don't know if I could be much help to you. They do share the same code . I have been looking for a DYNA 2800 mill, much larger than a 2400.

[email protected]

There's a Dyna 2800 main controller on ebay right now, I had never heard of the 2800 model till I saw this and wrote Dyna about it.

I'd sure like to get one of those Lathes, a friend of mine had one, it was sweet. I actually like the Dyna language, it was really easy to learn. I would like it to accept G-code though.
    -Dan

dyna 2400

I have 2 of these machines and they have been profitable to my small machine shop. right now I have electrical problems with both of them. workmen at home plugged there power tools into the same circuit that the mills were on while a production job was running in both machines. 1 machine now will not start and smells like burnt electricity, and the other will not find its home position. does anyone sell the boards and or power supplies for these machines. thanks tc machine

Dyna machines

My 2 dyna 2400's have had the boards repaired at Dyna the cost was under $600. 1 machine is running as well as it did when it was new and the other cannot find home, so those boards are going back for another fixxing. The machine that is working has made almost 6000 parts out of black delrin material. the parts are aprox. 1/2 the size of a postage stamp once again these little machines have made me money. I am now looking to buy the larger machines the 2800 if any one has these for sale.

I am retrofitting my 2400 with a breakout board and 3 gecko 210 drives.
    Should be finished in a day or two. if anyone needs dyna myte drives or controller. I will be running mach3

Question Plastic Axis Drive Gears For 2400

I am in desperate need of a replacement drive gear for a Dyna Myte 2400 X axis.
    Does anyone know where I can get one?
    Thanks

I just purchased one of these as well and can't wait to go pick it up!

Can any of you owners of the 2400 tell me if it has ballscrews or not? I can't seem to find any conclusive evidence when I google it.

The mill I purchased also comes with manuals so if anyone needs help with that I would be happy to copy them unless they are 1013 pages long- which I doubt.

Ryan

Dyna 2200

Hi,
    I just registered since I bought a DM 2200 yesterday. At least the controller says it is a 2200, the plate on the base casting says it is a DM 2000 so I guess that makes it a DM2000 with a 2200 controller? It only came with a service and maintenance manual so I am looking for an operation/programming manual if anyone knows where they are available. I powered it up last night and was able to jog it manually in each axis. It appears to be in great shape with little use for a machine that is 23 years old based on the original invoice that came with it. This will be my first experience with CNC and am looking forward to it. Thanks.

Steve

DM2400 Drip mode

Has anyone successfully been able to send a program larger than 900 lines to a DM2400 using drip mode?

I've got Bobcad/cam talking to it, but I can't get drip mode (ie paging large programs into chunks and loading them in order as the program executes) to work, despite having manuals describing it.

If someone has a code example that works, that's probably all I need.

-Tom

Gents,
    could some of you guys post some pic's so some of us (but maybe it's only me) may not be sure of what units that you have.

Thanks,

Ron

Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Ron111 View Post
    Gents,
    could some of you guys post some pic's so some of us (but maybe it's only me) may not be sure of what units that you have.

Thanks,

Ron
    I'd post some, but not sure how.

-Dan

Ball screw

Quote Originally Posted by snapman View Post

Can any of you owners of the 2400 tell me if it has ballscrews or not? I can't seem to find any conclusive evidence when I google it.

The mill I purchased also comes with manuals so if anyone needs help with that I would be happy to copy them unless they are 1013 pages long- which I doubt.

Ryan
    The Dyna 2200 and 2400 mills do not have ball screws, they use an acme thread with a really nice anti-backlash mechanizm. Tolerance on all three axis is 0.0002, you can't ask for much better than that on such a small mill.

-Dan

I have a Dyna 2400 mill that I am currently converting over to servo drive. I just completed the motor mounts today and soon will be modifying my lovejoy couplers to complete the motor mounting process. If you need origional parts let me know as I have pulled almost all of the origional components and replaced.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by dserratt1 View Post
    I am in desperate need of a replacement drive gear for a Dyna Myte 2400 X axis.
    Does anyone know where I can get one?
    Thanks
    I ordered a gear the same size from Stock Drive Products www.sdp-si.com and modified it to fit. You will need a lathe to do it. It was some time ago but as I remember you will need to cut out the center of the gear to fit. I bought a couple extras in case I got the hole too big. It's been a while since you posted this, but I hope this helps.

Dyna parts

Dyna Mechtronics is still in business and still carries inventory for replacement parts on the Dyna 2400 mills.

Here's their website, you'll have to email or call them to get a price list and place an order.

http://www.dynamechtronics.com/

-Dan Gates

Fixin ta grab up a Dyna Myte

Quote Originally Posted by topazx2 View Post
    Dyna Mechtronics is still in business and still carries inventory for replacement parts on the Dyna 2400 mills.

Here's their website, you'll have to email or call them to get a price list and place an order.

http://www.dynamechtronics.com/

-Dan Gates

Dan... Do you happen to know if they have parts for the Dyna Myte 2000. I
    am going to pick up one tomorrow. Also, anyone have manuals for the
    2000... ? I will probably convert it to a home brew ST micro stepper controller that I already use on a small table that I have.

Thanks..... Alan

Dyna Myte 2400 Manual

I'm looking for a copy of a manual for the Dyna Myte 2400. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snapman View Post

Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12