587,168 active members*
3,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

About seting up the tool and workpiece zero in sinu 828

Hello,

I know i have asked a lot of Question .

I have a CNC milling machine with sinumirek d828 m , and i want to use it for the first time .

so, if i want to measure the tool length and diameter, in the manual of the controler i've read that i should measure it while it is on the spindle by tangent it
    why i don't measure it manually and inter the values to the controller ,

and what do they mean by "Select the cutting edge number D and the the number of the replacement tool ST. " in the procedure of mesuring diameter and length , in the operating manual .

and if there is better way to measure tool manually please tell me

sorry for my English .

Don't worry about all the questions. We have all been there before. Answers are below. Hope this helps.

I have a CNC milling machine with sinumirek d828 m , and i want to use it for the first time .

so, if i want to measure the tool length and diameter, in the manual of the controler i've read that i should measure it while it is on the spindle by tangent it
    why i don't measure it manually and inter the values to the controller , 1. Most users will typically enter the cutter diameter directly into the offset table and use the tool length measure function for setting the z tool length.

and what do they mean by "Select the cutting edge number D and the the number of the replacement tool ST. " in the procedure of mesuring diameter and length , in the operating manual . 2. The 828 has the ability of creating up,to 9 offsets for each tool you create. These are selected as D#. Like D1,D2 etc. they are also referred to as cutting edges. The ST is for sister tools and that is used when you are performing tool life monitoring. In both cases you will normally set both to D1 and ST1.

and if there is better way to measure tool manually please tell me 3. When measuring the tool manually you should be using the set length function. Refer to www.usa.siemens.com/cnc4you they have a few webinar's posted you may find very helpful when first starting.

Hope this all helps