588,638 active members*
5,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Torq-Cut 22 Shutdown! Please check this if you know these machines

Unhappy Torq-Cut 22 Shutdown! Please check this if you know these machines

I own a 1997 Torq-Cut 22 with DX32 control, everything was running perfectly fine until now. I have rush jobs to complete and the machine is now down!

The issue:

All machine function work perfectly and al control/PC related fonction work perfect also. The problem is that when the spindle is turned on(rotating) the axis wont move, this is eaither in manual or automatic mode. also the manual button to stop the spindle is not working.

I this this must be a conflict with a bad board or a bad connection. It started a couple hours ago as an intermitent problem, coming and going and now it leave the machine on complete shutdown.

What i've done so far:

- Checked all connections

Now where should I go??? I need the machine back on track asap and now EMI is closed and I cannot call them until tomorrow morning.

Please let me know if you have any knowledge regarding this machine or if you have experienced this problem in the past.

Thank you!

If the actual spindle speed differs from the commanded spindle speed by 20 percent or more, it will not feed. (the override is irrelevant).
    If you command 1000 RPM, what does the display show as the actual spindle speed?
    If you lose the encoder, you should get a "spindle not up to speed in time."
    Is the encoder belt slipping (teeth missing)?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the input George,

Actually the encoder looks like it's working fine. I ispected the spindle belts last week and everything was fine, belts have been changed about 6 months ago by preventive measure.

I worked on the machine tonight and check more wiring,.. now machine is back to life again but I did not do nothing other than checking wires and plugs.

The weird thing is that when the trouble has begun, the machine would feed sporadically, few inch at a time, and this in any given axis, then got back to work okay... does this sound like wiring problem? board? power loss?

Thanks for your help!

When it did feed a few inches at a time, did the spindle speed vary?
    Remember that there are cables running to the head in that flexible wire way. Eventually they will start breaking.
    Also do not forget that you have the mainenance page where you can watch every switch, every command, following error, etc.
    It is a very powerful diagnostic tool. I recommend to all my customers to twice yearly go through the whole machine and check all terminals, plugs, reseat boards, etc.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)