588,504 active members*
4,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help choosing a machine

I am looking for some advise on choosing a turning center for my company.We have two machine distributors in our area that we have dealt with for years and are happy with the service they provide.The two machines in question are a Daewoo 1500SY and a MazakQT Nexus 200MSY.I have seen both machines and spoken to the operators and owners,all seem to be satisfied. I personally like the control on the Mazak but am uncertain about the rigidity of the linear way construction.We mostly cut tool steel for the punch and die industry. We currently own a Daewoo 4020 machining center and have had no problems.Any advise on box vs linear , Mazatrol vs Fanuc , reliability , rigidity , cut quality , etc. wuold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Tough call. If you just go by the name, Mazak is typically a higher end machine than Daewoo. However, bang for the buck, Daewoo is a good buy. I know that cutting tool steel and holding the tolerances that you must have to hold, I would want a box way machine. As far as reliability, I have known a few shops that haven't had much luck with the Daewoo's though. Guess you'll have to go with your gut feeling...:cheers: