587,442 active members*
3,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Help - LB10/15 Okuma Lathe with OSP5000L-G

Hybrid View

Garbage has now been transformed into a clean g-code program after i changed the baud rate.

My next challenge is to send the data back to the machine. When i did this i recieved an error saying "SAT full". Not sure what it means but im still investigating.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
    When i did this i recieved an error saying "SAT full". Not sure what it means but im still investigating.
    SAT full = Remaining Memory space in the control will NOT take the incoming program

Solution === download some files...... good practice ..now that you can download ,,,,,LOL

I was going to suggest baud rate, but Superman beat me to it. I guess it helps to be faster than a speeding bullet. (not to mention the time zone he's in)

I'd suggest trying to send a tiny file out from the machine and then send the same file back to the machine to avoid any format errors.

If you get the "Sat Full" error, check memory with the FREE command. FREE;C will show continuous available memory. DELETE programs to make room if need be. If you still get the sat full, your XON,XOFF (software handshaking) is not working correctly. Make sure it is on positively on both sides. even with it not set right, if your program is small (less than 256 characters) it should still go into the machine OK. If not, you still have mismatched settings.

One more thing, make sure you are reading and sending from the same port you are connected to. I believe it's 45 and 54 on most machines for READ and PUNCH. By default most are set up to READ from the paper tape reader (TT and not the RS232 port.

Best regards,

No more problems gentlemen.

I deleted a file from the directory to create space and it is now recieving
    files.

It saves the file automatically as "A.min". I'm not sure if i can get it to send and save it in a different file name, but im not that concerned.

Also just to let you know i had to delete the first line filename.min and also put a % at the end of the program. I've had to do this with turret punch programs which is why i thought i'd give it a go when it wasn't sending on the first try.

Cheers guys.

congraturlations! You are half way already.
    next is:
    check some 4kB file transfer forward <-> back four times and make comparison on PC side if it doesn't changes. This will let You know if hand shaking is set properly. The final test would be with 8kB file containing small letters.
    regarding file name.
    Sure, it's better to have first line file name and have it recognised by OSP. It is up to OSP parameter "check file name on receive". There is also "punch file name" or alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    The final test would be with 8kB file containing small letters.
    DON'T do this, the 5000 series cannot use lower case, or any other character that is not on the control keypad. Filenames cannot have spaces or underscore ( _ )

A method you may appreciate with file naming. A prefix on the filename to define it as un-proven or not yet run, then when you run it, you change the prefix to identify it as a proven program and also what machine type, and then save it to a specific folder for that machine ---unproven programs should also be kept seperate from the proven

ie X123ABC.MIN is ready to go into the control to run
    after proving, change the X to (T)urning,(M)illing,(W)ire,(MT)=millturn

<PIP> <READ> CN0: <WRITE>
    ( incoming file will be named what is on the 1st line )---This can give errors if not yet set correctly, but the following info goes hand in hand with this to help out when in the $hit.

When reading files into the control and you keep getting file name errors, use a comma after the device name, it is used as a rename function on the incoming file to A.MIN
    <PIP> <READ> CN0:, <WRITE>
    ( incoming file will be named A.MIN )

If you type anything after this comma, this will be the new name of the incoming file
    <PIP> <READ> CN0:,ABC123 <WRITE>
    ( incoming file will be named ABC123.MIN )

note!!! the .MIN is assummed by default and is not necessary

The $ on the first line defines a file naming macro
    The % at the end of the first line terminates this macro.
    Some set-ups use a % on the first line to make it skip this macro, it may be something you may have to try for yourself

The % at the end of the file is a code used to terminate the PIP transfer and close the file
    ( and may also be required if usung DNC-B for those that read this )