587,227 active members*
3,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Help with an interesting project (flat glass etching)

Help with an interesting project (flat glass etching)

I am going to be putting together a chemistry microreactor. Bascially what it does is performs a reaction on a microlevel in a flow type atmosphere.

What I need to find is someone who is able to etch glass with patterns for the reaction bodies. I will supply you with .dxf files and if needed a mounting bracket.

The person I am looking for is not moved by financial gain but by what I am doing. I mean it wont take but a few minutes for you to do the etching.

If you are not sure of what I am speaking about type in "flow chemistry: in a google search and if you are interested then drop me a line here or at [email protected]

Gordon

P.S. I am in Western Canada (Okanagan valley)

Yeah we can etch glass, what kind of glass etching process are you looking to have done? There is more then one method and what kind of precision are you looking for? Also what are you flow testing? I won't do it for free because that would be just wronging myself and that won't ever happen, but I will do it for next to nothing depending on the simplicity of this and I am fairly interested in what your doing.

"The person I am looking for is not moved by financial gain but by what I am doing. I mean it wont take but a few minutes for you to do the etching."

I can't believe you didn't light this guy up Universal, did you miss this or take a lot of Valium today? Amazing how people repeatedly ask for donated work, I don't think anyone would call an electrician, plumber or carpenter and ask them to work for the joy of it. I would say if it takes only a few minutes, and the skill required isn't worth paying for, why don't you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    "The person I am looking for is not moved by financial gain but by what I am doing. I mean it wont take but a few minutes for you to do the etching."

I can't believe you didn't light this guy up Universal, did you miss this or take a lot of Valium today? Amazing how people repeatedly ask for donated work, I don't think anyone would call an electrician, plumber or carpenter and ask them to work for the joy of it. I would say if it takes only a few minutes, and the skill required isn't worth paying for, why don't you do it yourself?
    Yeah Dual I guess I just wasn't myself yesterday, it could be the valium, lead paint, weather, etc.. I was just kind of wondering what kind of $hit this guy is messing around with. Really though I don't do anything for nothing and whoever I do it for is going to pay what I feel the job is worth. I think it is down right degrading yourself to do labour for someone for nothing. I guess we'll have to wait till next time to see a vulgor display of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by cncgordon View Post
    The person I am looking for is not moved by financial gain but by what I am doing. I mean it wont take but a few minutes for you to do the etching.
    I'm definately not your guy then... :nono: I CAN do the job but I prefer to work just a few minutes a year at an outrageous rate. Keep looking until you find some self-loathing slug that wants to whore himself out for your benefit... (flame2)

I just love subsidizing another person's hobby.
    I have a shortage of ideas myself.
    Fortunately, I know nothing of hydrofluoric acid.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserImage View Post
    I'm definately not your guy then... :nono: I CAN do the job but I prefer to work just a few minutes a year at an outrageous rate. Keep looking until you find some self-loathing slug that wants to whore himself out for your benefit... (flame2)
    Really thats the truth, I looked at the equipment used for this stuff and it doesn't look like no cheap venture to me. I tell you what cncgordon I will do it for no money but a trade, how about a some NEW labware, guns, electronics, harley hows that sound? Good stuff no cheap chinese garbage. No money involved just a fair trade, that sounds good to me. Being a chemist and all I would think you would know the acid etching rout. I'm always up for trades, it doesn't have to be cash, let me know what you have and I'll get back to you. No financial gain here, just my hardwork for your goods, items for items. What gets me to is all the deserved attention this guy has gotten and he has'nt even responded.

Quote Originally Posted by universalfab View Post
    What gets me to is all the deserved attention this guy has gotten and he has'nt even responded.
    would you?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserImage View Post
    would you?
    Well I would'nt be asking anybody to do anything for me for nothing. He// I don't like asking anyone to do anything for me anyway , but let alone a favor it just feels so demoralizing and it should because it's WRONG. Like my Grandfather said this was in regards to hotrods, but here it is " If you can't do it yourself then you don't need it.". That is very true and if you can't pay for it then don't ASK!!! DIDN'T HIS MOTHER TEACH HIM ANYTHING!!

This thread really bums me out, I love to go out of my way to do things for free for people, who never will reciprocate. Unfortunately I know nothing about etching, other than doing a few circuit boards in 9th grade electronics class. Maybe if you guys tell me what to buy and how to do it, I can help this guy out free of charge for the joy of learning a new process. I feel really sad that this guy needs someone to work for free for him and none of you for profit people want to help him. I am sure he donates his skills 24-7 and he deserves reciprocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    This thread really bums me out, I love to go out of my way to do things for free for people, who never will reciprocate. Unfortunately I know nothing about etching, other than doing a few circuit boards in 9th grade electronics class. Maybe if you guys tell me what to buy and how to do it, I can help this guy out free of charge for the joy of learning a new process. I feel really sad that this guy needs someone to work for free for him and none of you for profit people want to help him. I am sure he donates his skills 24-7 and he deserves reciprocation.
    THIS GUY!!!! HE IS HILARIOUS, kick him one more time maybe then he'll finally reply, it's great. If he's dumb enough to think someones going to work for free then maybe he's dumb enough to fall for your clever joke. I don't think this guy is dumb really though, he's probably fairly intelligent and figures some imbosol on here will do it for free. Like I'm sure so many others have done on here, I think it is very pathetic on both parts and shame on both him and whoever it is that does it. It really is getting old seeing all these charity cases on here, so old that it's giving me a constant disgusttransitive feeling. The U.S.A. the biggest bunch of donators to foreign charrity cases, but to cheep to pay there own fellow man a respectfull price for his honest hard work. That blows my mind how one could do that to his own countrymen, not to mention why are all these lame suckers donating to these countries that spit in our face. Maybe if all these idiots saved their money and stopped donating it to feed foreigners maybe they could afford to have some of this work done here in the U.S.A. Just to many stupid people in one small space.

I like doing free stuff! All I require is material costs, cost of any mistakes I may make, expendables too. Don't forget electricity, I need to have that paid for too. Since I am fairly busy, I will have an employee do this. So we will have that charge too. Oh yeah, most of my equipment requires repair from time to time, so that needs to be covered. After that, its all free brother!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledbrat View Post
    I like doing free stuff! All I require is material costs, cost of any mistakes I may make, expendables too. Don't forget electricity, I need to have that paid for too. Since I am fairly busy, I will have an employee do this. So we will have that charge too. Oh yeah, most of my equipment requires repair from time to time, so that needs to be covered. After that, its all free brother!

Rob

I fixed a couple of PC's for two mates for free... I soon stopped that sh*t, it was amazing how many customers you can get when you do free stuff and how the miraculously "probably don't need it fixed actually" when you slap a charge on it.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

how to....

I am pretty sure that you need etching masks in order to get the pattern on the glass as you want it etched.