588,507 active members*
4,721 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport interact software help!!!!

:stickpoke I have a Bridgport interact series 1 with Heidenhain 150b controller, and have just received an order for some engraving work. I think its about time I upgraded to the PC software route, can anyone suggest a good software package that will work straight off, ( Bobcat, Master cam???) and do they work with this controller ( plain language, g-codes ??? unsure what it all is!). Not sure what will be the best and will the majority of software for sale work with this Heidenhain controller. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks :withstupi

Bridgeport was marketing first the EZCAM software package and then FEATURECAM. Both came with a pile of post processors which included the Heidenhain, conversational and G code. I am told that Feature Cam is a top notch product. I believe that a demo can be downloaded from their web site.

George

Hi
    George thanks for the info, got in contact with them and received some useful info. However do you know if the 150 can be dripped fed, due o its limited block size ??

I don't believe you can drip feed the 150, but am not sure. If you are not engraving around a circle or something, I wouldn't think you would go over 1000 blocks. I think the 150 will hold 3000 or more between several programs

Smile

Try downloading TNCRemo from the Heidenhain website. It can be used with any Heidenhain controller and you can also work with remote request. We use it with our TNC 155b controller. We drip feed longer programs with our controller.

I would need to look at my service manual for the control when I get to the office or you can ask Heidenhain just to be sure, cable configuration, and parameter settings at:
    1-847-490-1191

George