587,722 active members*
3,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > mitsubishi meldas control trips breaker

mitsubishi meldas control trips breaker

i have a mitsubishi lathe with a meldas 300v control and when i turn the power on to it it trips a breaker immediatly in back, it is the CP1 Location. the wires coming out of the bottom of the breaker go to two power supplies or transformers? labeled AVR1 and AVR2, the wires are labeled L5 and L7, and i noticed two wires on the back door labeled the same and they go to the cooling fans on the door.

and also the machine wont come out of emergency stop, the control powers up, but nothing else works

Do you have the schematics? If the breaker feeds several sources then it will be a process of elimination, hopefully using the schematic.
    Disconnect a breaker load one at a time until the breaker stays in, once the circuit is identified then further diagnosis can go from there, this procedure and a good multi-meter should do the trick. Most likely L5 & L7 are single phase 120v or 220vac.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

i unhooked L7 and the breaker stayed on, L7 goes to each of the two tranformers to the right of the breaker, and there is a l7 wire on the bottom of a relay labeled CR1AP, i have a elementary diagram book that i am looking thru, should i look for the wire number or the relay number

Either wire number or relay number will identify the circuit, The circuits and/or transformers should be disconnected one at a time. In other words you have to identify everything that is principally fed by L5 - L7, one of these circuits is providing the overload.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.