588,562 active members*
5,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bad Contour Error while Pocketing

Bad Contour Error while Pocketing

I'm getting an error while trying to pocket that says "Bad contour - including self intersection". I'm assuming that means that something is not connected properly. After the error comes up it will continue to pocket but will only come up with a few toolpaths & not completely fill what needs to be pocketed out. Any tips on how I can find where the problem is. It's an autocad file & I'm using ver 20.3, everything is at Z0, and everything chains together fine. Thanks for any help!

Double entities, perhaps?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

youve got a problem somewhere where the lines meet up...you have to check out each intersection to see where the problem is....one line may not really be at z=0, try to expand your decimal places to see that.....i try to click on the chain in various places trying to find where they dont continue and look there....if you use the trim tool and click on both sides of each intersection, this may solve it...you may have to rebuild the pocket in bobcad, which may be faster in the long run