588,429 active members*
6,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Need help for servo controller box

Question Need help for servo controller box

Hi,

After getting a lot of suggestions and ideas, I finally got the following kit:

430 oz-in servo motors
    Controller kit (power supply 36V 25A , box, Db25 with screw terminals ,Connector kit , 3 encoder cables , 3 motor cables)
    I also got #- G320 Gecko servo drives along with sink and two optical limit sensors.
    Regarding Controller, I am going for Mach2. I am confused about campbell boards, what are they and where do they exactly fit in the controller kit.

I need help in putting all these together. I heard that I have to tune up gecko drives also first time. The CNC router I am building is about 48" X 60" and I am thompson 1" (1" pitch) ball screws and open linear bearing on a 1" shaft.
    Any suggestions and diagrams on the electronics will help. looking forward for the quick answers

thanks
    Onkar

There is a nice wiring diagram over on Jeffs site. This should help you out for starters
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i don't have any suggestion, but i would like the see the design of your router. i'm also building 48 x 60" router, here is my design
    http://www.xizou.com/images/side.jpg

60" NSK
    48" THK
    ISSOKU E01, 570101-1, Ground Ballscrew