587,197 active members*
2,976 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Visual Mill > How to configure Visualmill to set a relay on/off instead of the Z axis??

How to configure Visualmill to set a relay on/off instead of the Z axis??

Any idea on how to configure to set an output on and off instead of the z axis. To be able to run a plasma machine or cut vinyl. Im using kcam and I can set a relay on and off using auxilary outputs. But I would like to be able to switch that on an off in the gcode so i have 2 axes and the 3rd one is cut or no cut. Any ideas on how to do this using visualmill.
    Thanks.

ez, I'll give you a crazy idea and then maybe an expert can come up with something better.

My thought would be to try to create a drawing with slots that are exactly sized to the plasma cutter's behavior and all of the same depth. You would then take the g-code program, and assuming the commands to drop the cutter into the slot looked exactly the same everywhere, you would use a text editor and do a search and replace to convert those z-axis moves to whatever you machine controller needs to fire the relay.

Best,

BW

M3 is spindle on and M5 is spindle off command, if you have a spindle output from your controller (attach to the relay) then to plasma or cut/no cut. Hope this helps...