587,267 active members*
4,312 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Sending Program Files

Sending Program Files

I need to back up all my Hurco files...HD3 files, but I don't want to load them onto a diskette and then load them onto my laptop. Is there a way to load them using the Upload/Download function and an RS232 cable. I was able to get my hurco to send the file to my laptop, into an editor (Cimco) But I can't send it back to the hurco. I file that came thru was just a bunch of symbols and numbers...Do I need to save the file as a certain type of file? Or is there a program I need on my laptop to read HD3 files?

Thanks,
    Eric

HD3 files are binary so they must be handled differently to gcode text files. I wouldn't trust the ones you've transferred already to be good copies either, I hope you haven't deleted them off the machine already...

I used to have a dos based up/downloader for HD3 files that worked well, but I haven't really used conversational for a long time so I don't have it anymore.

I think this is it, but I'm not sure, you'll have to try it and see.

I'm not sure how that'll behave in vista, but I used to use it in xp successfully by changing some of the compatability settings.

I use cute ftp to and a cat 5 cable and it all goes back and forth well. You have to have the network option. Cute ftp I thing is freeware with a timebomb to buy it. I can not remember for sure. Ours is full functioning and we bought the package. Hopes this helps.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Hyperterminal

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocncdept View Post
    I need to back up all my Hurco files...HD3 files, but I don't want to load them onto a diskette and then load them onto my laptop. Is there a way to load them using the Upload/Download function and an RS232 cable. I was able to get my hurco to send the file to my laptop, into an editor (Cimco) But I can't send it back to the hurco. I file that came thru was just a bunch of symbols and numbers...Do I need to save the file as a certain type of file? Or is there a program I need on my laptop to read HD3 files?

Thanks,
    Eric
    go to programs
    accessories
    communications
    Hyperterminal
    set a name , like a machine name then say O.K.
    now it will ask for a port com 1 or two you may need to change it to the one your using , set your port settings the same as the machine , after you have it set up call Hurco to get all your setting and they can help you set up the rest