588,685 active members*
6,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Help!!! I'd like a logo, an artist I am not
Page 1 of 3 123

Help!!! I'd like a logo, an artist I am not

I'd like to spruce up my website PMinMO.com. Graphics and I....well lets just say when it came to art class........ no electrons, no interest.

After being totally wowed by the creativity of this group on the Gecko logo, I thought I would post this request. I don't have anything fancy to give away, so your efforts would be just for bragging rights.

I don't have any idea if the 6 letters PMinMO can have glitz, can somebody wow me? (group) :idea:
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything, but from the perspective of someone who spent several years pursuing a degree in fine arts, what you are asking for would be like me asking you to build me a CNC control board "for bragging rights."

Quote Originally Posted by Unabiker
    I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything, but from the perspective of someone who spent several years pursuing a degree in fine arts, what you are asking for would be like me asking you to build me a CNC control board "for bragging rights."
    I think he already works for free he just sells parts at his cost

Quote Originally Posted by Unabiker
    Unabiker,
    Actually I pondered whether to post the request or not. I'm not sure I completely agree with your analogy as my request wasn't for a material item. I'm defintely not asking for somebody to spend money, and wouldn't want somebody to divert time from producing income for their own needs. My website contains MANY hours of my engineering time in circuit design and pcb layout that I have made available at no cost to anybody for their own use for which I require no payment to access. It also contains other peoples designs that they are willing to share at no cost. I pay for the webhost and domain name, the website produces no income for me. Donations are appreciated, but they don't cover the out of pocket expenses for the website, and personally I never expected them too. That's not why I do it.

My analogy is the circuits and pcb designs are my art, what I spent 4 years of college to learn and get a degree in.

I only made the request thinking that maybe there was somebody out their that had a similar attitude as mine that was artistic and enjoyed creating and sharing their artistic talent.

Allow me. You know how much I love this sort of stuff. I am surprized you didnt ask me b4. I will talk details via skype

Hi Unabiker,

I don't know if you have been welcomed to the zone or not but after looking at your post tally I suspect you might not have been! Welcome :wave:

Now just to smooth it over a bit look at pminmo's post total and I think you will see he has been around a while and everyone who has been here know how much he has given. As your punishment get you pencil and paper and do him a nice logo .

I'm kidding I promise. Now that I think about it what is a pminmo anyway? Hmmmm.....wonder what a logo would look like for one of those!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

logo

Wow !
    now I can hardly wait to see ...
    some give naturally, some expect constantly.
    Bear

Phil - I don't want to pry in to any personal problems you might have, but why "pminmo" ?
    It might give us a starting point for some ideas.

I can dig it, fellers, and I mean no disrespect by my earlier comment.
    I sometimes have knee-jerk reactions when I see requests like that. I can't help it. I'm very passionate about my art. It's not unheard of for me to pour 400 hours into an 18"x6" piece. Yeah, I know, I'm a freakin nut job.

Yup, I just recently found this site. Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a friendly, intellegent bunch here, and I have enjoyed reading through the posts. I look forward to contributing where I can. As you can see, I don't mind speaking my mind, even if my opinions may be unpopular from time to time.

Logo projects can require a ton of effort, as many of you know. Considerations must be made as far as what image you want to project, what your product is, who your target market is, as well as a reflection of the business's personality. It can be a lot like giving birth... it sounds like fun to get it started, there's gonna be some screaming, gotta remember to breathe, and there's frequently a big mess to clean up at the end.
    Perhaps if you filled us in regarding your goals and expectations towards what you wanted in a logo, it would be easier to help.
    I also don't think negatively about you asking for help either. After all, you rarely get anything that you don't ask for.
    :cheers:

Lets try this for a starting point and edit from here.
    We can even start from scratch if I have missed the point.
    This should reflect what your site is about ?
    EDIT: I just had a thought, if you like the LED theme we can animated this and insert a faulty segment that blinks in and out, easy.

Here is an alternative of the same theme. Complete with a dodgy LED

First,
    Unabiker, I didn't take it as disrespect, I should have looked at your number of posts and welcomed you to the CNCzone. Thanks to Turmite for pointing that out, and please excuse my belated Welcome. When I 1st found this site, I learned a lot about the mechanics of cnc machines, and people were very helpfull. Electronics is my passion and it just felt natural to give back to this forum of very helpfull people. Actually I could blame it all on Ynneb, he asked a simple question on a webcircuit that turned into the discrete board on my website, Tachus42 joined in and thus the start of the open source drivers. It has been my hope/vision to create a system that was flexable and solved the needs of us CNC hobbiests. I didn't know how much personal satifaction I would get in just helping people, and never realized that it would help some people in areas of the world that weren't as fortunate as I am. And I surely didn't know it was going to take most of my free time.

As for me and PMinMO, its as simple as PM are my initials and I live in Missouri, abbr MO. Thus Phil M in Missouri. It was simply an easy "handle" for my 53year old brain to remember.

I can't say that I've given any thought to brand as in a commercial sense. I would say that I will retire from my current 40 hr job in 8 months, and I'm starting to feel "pulled" towards supporting a site of low cost electronics for the hobbiests as one potential method of keeping my mind energized and having a purpose. If that were to come to reality, my plan would be that PMinMO.com would continue as a open free forum and elvove into a more professional looking and information wharehouse for free circuits, supplemented by low cost professional pcb's that enabled people to persue their objectives as hobbiests or learning. Its definitely an evolving project, as I never dreamed people would ask for boards, kits, assembled product. And as I learn that a number of area's pay very high costs for components and shipping, it seems like it might make sense for me to offer some part or partial kits, or partially assembled boards to reduce their costs.

I'd love to have a "brand" to support that, but that wasn't the objective of my post. But I am all ears if somebody has a suggestion. :idea:

Still my hope is that people can have some fun with this thread, and maybe I can glean a logo out of it. :banana:

Phil I thought you just couldn't spell pimento or that red pickled thing!

Unabiker no flame was meant on my part and I hope no one took it that way. I think all those that have a passion for their craft have experienced the same "kneejerk" you mentioned. I build custom rifle stocks for competition shooters. They all seem to build $2000 metal and then want the stock fo $200! :stickpoke We all know how you feel.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Are we going to talk about flames, and kneejerks, or about how wonderfull my submissions are ? Obviuosly no one else thinks so

I think your ideals are pretty cool Benny, Especially the one with the faulty segment.

Yes Benny, they absolutely look great. Any chance of mixing some glitzy gold or chrome in someway?

Thanks rob, thats all I need to keep going
    Phil, I love the glitsy gold myself, but thought I should keep it in the realms of an electronics nerd Glad you asked, Just wait for my next submission.

Don't need any nerdy stuff, polished and professional. :cheers: A diamond in the rough so to speak.........

What about this ?
    I know, I am stuck in a ynneb design rut and youve seen this sort of theme before, but, to the best of my knowledge no one else does this sort of thing.
    Its original.

Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Phil,
    Nothing against ynneb, but how about some thing different like this?

In the spirit of open source, I did it in The GIMP!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pminmo.gif  

Page 1 of 3 123