588,582 active members*
12,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > "A" Axis Substitution Macro Programming For Fanuc

"A" Axis Substitution Macro Programming For Fanuc

I'm haveing problems rotating my 4th Axis at a ipm feed for simultanius work need help

I Have a Hyuandi-Kia with a 18I-TB with a sub-spindle. I have been playing around with that lately and the way I read the book, You have to specify in the parmaters which axis to operate in syncro. (Main or Sub) I think around 5460's....I dont think you can do it on both of them unless you load a parameter in the G10 mode and then change it back at the front of the program if your using the main also.

Jon

Is this like applying a 4th axis wrap, where Y moves are converted to A?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

theemudracer
    This A VMC I'm working on?
    and HuFlungDung Yes but even if you don't move in the "X" I need to find a way to apply a feed rate to stay consistant with IPM?

xleng

I would say you would convert your feedrate in a manner similar to the way you are converting your Y values to A.

To convert circumferential movements to degrees, you use
    360/(2PI*R) as a scaling factor for the linear Y movements.

Part of that expression is obviously an unchanging constant
    360/2PI = 57.29578
    That happens to be called a Radian.

So in the imperial world, a feedrate of 57.29578 degrees/min will equal 1 ipm circumferential feedrate on the surface of a 1" radius cylinder.

For all other radii cylinders, the same factor, divided by the radius of the new cylinder, will give you an equivalent circumferential feedrate.
    Eg.: to achieve 1 ipm on a 2" radius cylinder
    57.29578/2 = 28.64789 degrees/min

The exact same procedure (using a scaling factor of 57.29578) will be applied to the Y axis movements to convert them to degrees. I am referring to wrapping a 2d map onto a cylinder.

If you are finding your A values directly by layout, then of course you do not need to convert the Y's to A. Otherwise you would apply the same scaling factor to the Y values, to a flat 2d map layout of the features to be wrapped around your cylinder.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks I'll Give that a try

xleng