587,275 active members*
3,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ: OK So how about simple 316 SS plate

I am willing to change my material selection to 316 if I can get more people interested in producing the attached piece. Both face and obverse need to be milled flat to +-.001 but the features can go to _-.002.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i can make it

did you not like my price?

Talking Material Change

I don't see the material being the problem, you are asking for Flatness of .001" on both faces! Are you willing to pay for grinding costs?

Your part Geometry doesn't lend itself for Fly Cutting -OR- Milling to your specifications, too much of an interrupted machining process to achieve your call out!

If you Fly Cut it of Mill it before the holes and all the rest of the work, then you will loose you flatness from material removal and part collapsing, If you drill and machine everything and then Fly Cut or Mill you will not only not achieve your flatness, but you will throw burrs into all your holes and edges!

Thats my $.02 worth, then again, I was wrong once, ((turned out I was right when I thought I was wrong !))(nuts) :rainfro: (nuts)
    WILLwork4money

asap

i can start it asap with your approval.

last questions

my questions are are the hole positions, diameters also .002 tolerance and are the 5.5, 4.5 , and .5 also .002 ?

Yes. This is a toolmount and must be flat and square. I might be able to increase the tolerance on the location of the features but they must be within .002 of the other features. In other words, as long as the relationship of the features are within +-.002 then we are OK but if one feature is located on the plate +.002 and the next is <-.002 then we have a problem. Yes, I am willing to pay for grinding.

time?

by when do you need it?

What is the quantity for this quote. Knowing how many will change the price.
    As for the dimensional tolerances that shouldn't be a problem even at +- .002.
    When I know the quantity I will give you a quote to consider.

Respectfully

Anthony Holmes

The order is for one piece and I need it as soon as possible. If there is a surcharge for speedy delivery just let me know. Once again, there is +-.001 tolerance on the faces of the piece so the .5 has to be +-.001.