588,624 active members*
5,786 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3TC problems

I have a lathe with a Fanuc 3TC control. I started a few days ago and the crt does not come up it just stays black. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong. How do I test the power supply? What would happen if the memory batteries are dead. I have not replaced the batteries since I have had the machine going on 3 years.

What you have to find out is if the machine still seems to operate normally, if it comes out of e-stop for e.g. and if other functions appear to work,if it does then the monitor itself is probabally bad.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Power supply with no power at input

I have been testing the machine today and I found out that the power supply does not have any voltage at the input. The machine is a Leblond Makino which was made by Gildemeister. Anyone have any ideas on why this would be.

You will need the control prints for the machine to do any systematic trouble shooting, is there power on the multi-tap transformer R & S connections? does anything pick up when you operate the system on push button? If the power to the supply comes on briefly and then shut off, remove the +24v connections on the power supply and see if the CRT comes up, if so it is probabally a short on the 24v somewhere.
    Edit: I just noticed this is a duplicate thread (chair)
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

power supply

There is no power at the input to the power supply. I have chased the wires back to X30 relay. I would like to know what gives this power?

More testing

I have been doing more testing tonight. I have found out that the X30 relay feeds the control power supply. The machine side of this relay is hot but not the power supply side. I need to find out what fires the relay and why it is not being fired. Any ideas? I am having a hard time reading the prints because they are in German.