587,184 active members*
3,650 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Hello, im new and this is what im building

Hello, im new and this is what im building

Soooo... Hello, my name is Simon, im 24 years old mechanical engineering student from slovenia (EU) and this is my machine. It welded\screwed together i hope it will be as accurate as possible. my idea is to build this machine as cheap as possible, then machine aluminium parts for new machine with it, and go with proper linear rails, bearings and screws on new machine when ill be sure everything together (electronics, steppers, mach3,...) is working properly

this is where im at ATM oh and btw machining size will be roughly X=30cm Y=50cm Z=15cm

and excuse my english. its not my native language

Cool build, good luck!

friend of mine work in photocopier service and he supplied me with this motor and i can get more if it will wor ok for this so, i have few questions, the motor has six (6) wires so is there any way to wire it as 4-wire bipolar motor? and, it says it handles 2.9V and 1,2A, so shouldnt supply voltage be a bit higher than 2.9V maybe more like 24V, judget by all other small motors you can find in printers and such?

Quote Originally Posted by MONsi View Post

the motor has six (6) wires so is there any way to wire it as 4-wire bipolar motor?
    You can wire it up using a half-winding or full-winding hookup, using 4 of the 6 wires.

See Support (look at figure 9 and figure 10).

Quote Originally Posted by MONsi View Post

it says it handles 2.9V and 1,2A, so shouldnt supply voltage be a bit higher than 2.9V maybe more like 24V, judget by all other small motors you can find in printers and such?
    Typically you would use a "chopping" driver or similar circuit that applies a higher voltage than the "nameplate voltage". The driver will limit the current flowing through the windings so that you do not burn out the motor.