587,614 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

Hybrid View

Sentinel Guest

Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

I am CNC newbie, and am planning to purchase Heiz High-Z S-1000/T ( http://www.cnc-router-routers.com/ht...rews_cnc_.html ) machine.

I am planning (for start) to make some simple wooden toys, do engraving (wood, etc) and possibly do 'prototyping' (if that's the correct English word) when someone needs a prototype before mass manufacturing something.

Does anyone have (good or bad ) experiences with it (or older models)?

Thanks.

Smile Heiz High-Z S-1000/T

Hi, I know this is an old post, but for anyone else interested, I've purchased this machine about a year ago and so far have been very pleased with it. It's worth buying the larger 1000 machine if you think you'll need to machine bigger parts. I bought the machine with the WINPC-NC Economy software and the whole set-up was running in a few minutes. The WINPC-NC Economy software interprets G-Code and HPGL.

The machine arrived in a very solid wooden box and all parts are really very well made. i haven't found anything that is a problem yet. If anyone has any questions or would like me test some things just let me know.

regards
    Colin

Can you please tell me if you can use match3 and mastercam with this machine?

I want to purchase the same machine.

Hi,

I have the High-Z S-1000, this is mainly the same as the T-version, and Yes it can be used with mach3 (mastercam obvious, because this is a Cam-software.. So no controlling the machine itself).

I can seriously say: I love this machine!! (Ofcourse depending the usage of it)

Bribis,

Thank you for your reply.

I´ve puchased the machine but I don´t have the machine definition and control definition in mastercam to play with my HIghZ 1000.

Can you tell me how can I download this control files to work with my new machine?

thanks.

Hi Restos,

A postprocessor is a piece of information to let Mastercam know how to process the data for use with the controlling software (ie. Mach3).

In Mach3 you need to configure your machine information. This is not needed in Mastercam itself.

If you have made a design with Mastercam you should be able to mill this on any kind of machine IF you have the correct postprocessor for that kind of machine.

To get the correct postprocessor, just search in this fabulous forum for postprocessors. This is how I did it

If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by CRB View Post
    Hi, I know this is an old post, but for anyone else interested, I've purchased this machine about a year ago and so far have been very pleased with it. It's worth buying the larger 1000 machine if you think you'll need to machine bigger parts. I bought the machine with the WINPC-NC Economy software and the whole set-up was running in a few minutes. The WINPC-NC Economy software interprets G-Code and HPGL.

The machine arrived in a very solid wooden box and all parts are really very well made. i haven't found anything that is a problem yet. If anyone has any questions or would like me test some things just let me know.

regards
    Colin
    Good machines terrible software !!!?

Re: Heiz (High-Z S-1000/T) - experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman1 View Post
    Good machines terrible software !!!?
    Totally agree, I've never really used the software (other than at first startup when I received the machine). Mach3 is much more the software I can appreciate.

Hello all, i have a problem with my s 1000t, bought it from some one that was not using it anymore about a year ago. Took it and set it up on mach3 worked perfect. A couple of weeks ago the pc that is running the mill crashed, hard disk burned, so i bought a new hard disk set up win xp 32 bit again and it is not working any more. Ecp port in dos, all setting in mach3 made, the motors just make a sound when i try to move it. Bought a new pc with parallel port, set this one up does the same thing, some noises from the motors when i try to move the machine but no movement. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Hi Alex,
    Maybe you can post your ports and pins settings?

Quote Originally Posted by BriBis View Post
    Hi Alex,
    Maybe you can post your ports and pins settings?
    Hello ports and pins are x3 2, y 5 4 ,z 7 6
    Had the same setup before the pc burnt. I just think that when the hard disk fried on the pc it had to do something to the cnc controller. I was thinking of buying new drivers breakout board and power source to remace a new control box for it. I even opend thw controller box seems ok nothing burnt.