586,961 active members*
2,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Sometimes the poor of accuracy in the cut may be due to several factors: please check the following:

1. Excessive feed and depth in the cutting tool. There is a very fine balance between roughing and finishing. Occasionally some models require one or two rough processes, as well as one or two and even three finishing processes. All this depends on the fineness of detail you require.

2. There is much vibration in the structure of the machine. Place rubber anti-vibration systems (neoprene or silicone). Also fixed to the machine a rigid surface that helps to stiffen the machine. Use a metal table top. This helps to stiffen the machine.

3. Adjusting screws. While you should tighten the screws on aluminum threads, I recommend using pressure washer and high strength loctite thread lock.

I think this can help.

Quote Originally Posted by mecosv View Post
    Sometimes the poor of accuracy in the cut may be due to several factors: please check the following:

1. Excessive feed and depth in the cutting tool. There is a very fine balance between roughing and finishing. Occasionally some models require one or two rough processes, as well as one or two and even three finishing processes. All this depends on the fineness of detail you require.

2. There is much vibration in the structure of the machine. Place rubber anti-vibration systems (neoprene or silicone). Also fixed to the machine a rigid surface that helps to stiffen the machine. Use a metal table top. This helps to stiffen the machine.

3. Adjusting screws. While you should tighten the screws on aluminum threads, I recommend using pressure washer and high strength loctite thread lock.

I think this can help.
    none of the above. what i see in that image is likely one of 3 things:
    - the program is actually writen like that (sloppy cam software).
    - the program is set ofr a different sized tool than the one used.
    - the servos are still not tuned correctly and the motors are over running the programmed path.

or it could just be stalling and loosing position by the last comment from azam. seems strange to stall with the amount of power it has though.

could also be the work pice moving if its not clamped right...

ok, so i guess it could be lots of things still

ihavenofish,

i do hear a lot of good things about this cam program but for me this is entry point as it is the easiest to use and integrated with the cad. planning on graduating from this cam in few months and using more complex cad/cam package.

i thought tool size was wrong too but double and tippled checked and then tried a bigger font to see what is going on. i am not an expert here but it seems that taking bigger pieces on hard wood take more then intended (narrow pieces on font, like top of S get screwed up) and smoothing pass may help. still learning and i think this particular cam package does no offer smoothing pass but it not a big deal to achieve this by creating separate smoothing tool path.

i have total control on the depth if I want to keep the skin on the bottom or cut entire piece with tabs without having a scratch on the bottom. i do have long way to go to do correct z zero and recently found that tools bottom parts are not even. i am sure there is room for improvement for all axis calibration but need to go for low hanging fruit first.

thanks a lot for your input and please continue to help and advise.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    none of the above. what i see in that image is likely one of 3 things:
    - the program is actually writen like that (sloppy cam software).
    - the program is set ofr a different sized tool than the one used.
    - the servos are still not tuned correctly and the motors are over running the programmed path.

or it could just be stalling and loosing position by the last comment from azam. seems strange to stall with the amount of power it has though.

could also be the work pice moving if its not clamped right...

ok, so i guess it could be lots of things still

Thanks. I understand 1 and 3 point and will follow through.

If you do not mind, can you spend one more minute on point 2. I do have aluminium table top and put working material on top of scrap piece to save aluminium top. You are right about flexibility there, I do see working piece pressing down during x zero process. I do have lot of granite tiles lying around, should I lay granite on top of aluminium top? Only issue is I do not know how to tie working material or on top of granite. Other issue may granite is too heavy and it sure will provide the stiffness but may demange the machine. I am using adjustable wheels on six legs and at this point instead of wheel I think a hard rubber or similar item is touching the floor. I think we are at least covered in this area.

Thanks again and I will follow through your advise on adding finishing passes to get better results and tightening screws and using pressure washers/strong locktight (I am already using it for the screws which are becoming loose and I have to put them again).

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by mecosv View Post

I think this can help.