588,342 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation CNC Cooler from Arizona Vortex

http://www.arizonavortex.comThe Arizona Vortex CNC Cooler uses a Vortex Tube to convert compressed air into two streams-one hot and one cold. The cold air is discharged into your electrical enclosure. The air is filtered before it is cooled so that only clean dry air is introduced to the sensitive controls. There are no moving parts so you can install the CNC Cooler and forget about heat related shut-downs. Relief valves and seals are built into the CNC Cooler to enable the unit to maintain the sealed nature of NEMA boxes. Also, since all enclosures are not airtight, the CNC Cooler creates positive pressure within the enclosure to seal out any debris.

What is the price for th cooler?

Arizona CNC Coolers

The cost for the Arizona CNC Cooler only is $235.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcyoda View Post
    What is the price for th cooler?
    Wrong question.

Correct question is: What is the price for the compressor needed to run it?

Vortex coolers need a source of dry compressed air; energetically they are the least efficicient way to get cold air.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Not sure about price for air compressors...cost wise operating a vortex cooler is more economical than regular a/c. Energy wise...I disagree. Vortex Cooler is more energy efficient and doesn't use electricity. Most shops already have air compressors.

Quote Originally Posted by azfirearchy View Post
    Not sure about price for air compressors...cost wise operating a vortex cooler is more economical than regular a/c. Energy wise...I disagree. Vortex Cooler is more energy efficient and doesn't use electricity. Most shops already have air compressors.
    Vortex air cooling is only cheaper if you ignore the operating cost for the compressor needed to provide the compressed air.

It does not matter whether the compressor is pre-existing in the shop providing the air for the Vortex cooler costs energy and overall it takes more energy for the same amount of cooling than using other methods.

If you choose to disagree I suggest you go to school and learn a bit about Physics and thermodynamics.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Vortex air cooling is only cheaper if you ignore the operating cost for the compressor needed to provide the compressed air.

It does not matter whether the compressor is pre-existing in the shop providing the air for the Vortex cooler costs energy and overall it takes more energy for the same amount of cooling than using other methods.

If you choose to disagree I suggest you go to school and learn a bit about Physics and thermodynamics.
    Geof,

I am sorry I didn't realize you wanted to debate the issue. Your question was how much does a compressor cost....there are plenty of places to look online for that information. Clearly, you are educated beyond my level. I apologize for my inferiority. Have a great day.

lol, I think we can narrow this down.....what is the PSI and CFM requirement of this product.

You tell me, and then I will be back with compressor prices, then we can add that to the cooler price.

That would be the TRUE COST as I am sure most of us HOME cnc'ers don't have the CFM @ PSI required of this cooler.

Maybe some of us may JUST make the requirements only to have our compressors run continously.

BTW I use a $2 airbrush and a $20 airbrush compressor from harbor freight that is set to BARELY spray from a 1 gallon can WD-40. It has been 2 years and I haven't even used 25% of the WD-40. Airbrush compressor is small, quiet, and consumes very little power.

A gallon of WD-40 cost me like $12.

No fogging....lol....

I machine aluminum....works great!

just my .02 cents.....