Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Tucson, Arizona

Anyone here?

Chandler Here

Central Phoenix

Scottsdale here.

I use too live there and I miss it very much....

Anyone building or have a CNC router here in AZ?

Get ready for the heat fellas! Whooo-Hoooo!

Hey Todd - I take delivery of a Liberty CNC router at the end of this week...where are you?

Edit:
    Doh??? (nuts) Chandler...

Yep in Chandler. Looks like I'll be building a Data-Cut unit. I think I'l be ordering them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Price
    Glendale here! And that is my next project, got some ideas and just getting the shop up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Price
    I'm near Sedona in Lake Montezuma. Built mine, 6061 amd 80/20. Started with a porter cable for wood and plastic... moved on to a hypertherm plasma cutter, a torch height controller and am cutting metal now. It's a blast.
    -Marc

Starting on my Data-Cut machine. Right now trying to see if I can buy the aluminum extrusion here localy. Anyone know of any in the Phoenix area?

Check Capitol Metals in Phoenix....if not order from McMasterCarr.com

Jorgensen Metals sells a lot to my shop.

I buy allot of material from onlinemetals.com

I'm in Cottonwood BTW...

I am looking for a mentor to help me get started. I live in Tempe, AZ. I am an IT professional by trade. Machining has always interested me, but I have no idea where to start. I thought I would do what I do when I want to learn a new IT related skill: Go find a mentor.

My e-mail address is in the attached graphic if anyone would be willing to take me on as an apprentice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mail.png  

Quote Originally Posted by digilord
    I am looking for a mentor to help me get started. I live in Tempe, AZ. I am an IT professional by trade. Machining has always interested me, but I have no idea where to start. I thought I would do what I do when I want to learn a new IT related skill: Go find a mentor.

My e-mail address is in the attached graphic if anyone would be willing to take me on as an apprentice.
    No problem, I live up in Glendale, what kind of help are you looking for?

I suggest you take a day and look at everything here. If it is CNC programming I am probably not the right guy (yet) but if it is build, connect, and design I think I could be a great help.

WHat Kind of machine interests you?

Getting started...

Quote Originally Posted by DieGuy
    No problem, I live up in Glendale, what kind of help are you looking for?

I suggest you take a day and look at everything here. If it is CNC programming I am probably not the right guy (yet) but if it is build, connect, and design I think I could be a great help.

IWHat Kind of machine interests you?
    I do some embedded systems design work. All digital stuff. I don't like using chemical etchant. I had a friend make some boards for a low volume project and they worked great. He used his CNC Mill to make the boards. I guess I want to know where to begin. I know I want my own machine. So I guess that is a start. But I don't have any wood or metal working experience.

Where is Glendale?

Quote Originally Posted by digilord

Where is Glendale?
    GLendale is up in the northwest valley. Really how much do you paln on spending to get where you want to go? Milling PCB's is pretty low tech and can be done with a simple setup..

Quote Originally Posted by DieGuy
    GLendale is up in the northwest valley. Really how much do you paln on spending to get where you want to go? Milling PCB's is pretty low tech and can be done with a simple setup..
    I want to start with PCB's. I would like the ability to do more with my setup as my skills grow. $500-$1000 is what I can spend initially on a homebuilt machine. I want to build it myself but like I have said I don't have the tools.

Page 1 of 2 12