588,577 active members*
12,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Plate model

Plate model

Someone explain to me how you would create a wooden dinner plate.I,m thinking that you would draw two circles at different z-levels and join them,then cap the bottom.I don,t think it,s that easy,but is my thinking going in the right direction,cheers

Draw 1/2 the profile and revolve it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Here is an example of what Ger was talking about. Pick the red profile, and type revolve. You will be prompted to pick the axis of rotation. Pick either open end for the first and the other for the second and the default should pop up showing a 360 revolve. Enter and you will have a plate.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Thanks mike but could not open the zip file.

That was simple cool...what other tricks ya got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_2.jpg  
    Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Hi Cr......if you want someone with Rhino tricks you need to get DanB on here. If there is Rhinospurt he's it! I am still learning Rhino but I do really like the program. I'm hoping V4 has some features that will help take some time off my design work............of course if I actually knew what I was doing would take that time off too!

If you haven't been to the Rhino user's group, go there and take a look at the Rhino wiki as well. Lots and lots of good info and help.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by turmite View Post
    Hi Cr......if you want someone with Rhino tricks you need to get DanB on here. If there is Rhinospurt he's it! I am still learning Rhino but I do really like the program. I'm hoping V4 has some features that will help take some time off my design work............of course if I actually knew what I was doing would take that time off too!

If you haven't been to the Rhino user's group, go there and take a look at the Rhino wiki as well. Lots and lots of good info and help.

Mike
    thanks Mike, I'll do that.
    I'm just now getting my toes damp on this 3d stuff.
    Since the release of Cut3d I have shown more of a interest in Rhino.
    I've done the tuturials and the software is amazing.

Chuck
    Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Smile

Ok here is my plate,ya I know been a long time .The more I play with this software the more I like it.The holes were made by adding four solid spheres and doing a booleen subtract,just messing around realy but I find I learn alot this way,cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plate.jpg   plate top.jpg  

canoe

Here are a pair of canoe,s well my version anyway,enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails canoe.jpg  

Talking

ok how about a jet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jet5.png  

Exclamation

Come new place for you I think you'll be happy:rainfro: .
    Well you seem to like modeling, you will learn a few tricks here.. I got a couple more links like this... if you like... http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forum...forum_id=12371
    Hey check out my website...www.cravenoriginal.com
    Thanks Marc

Smile

Thanks Pointcloud nice site. I have a ? for all or anyone and here it goes. Lofting and how to use it and when to use it to best suit the need.I kinda played with it a little but was not sure about it. I drew a shape added a surface to the shape and tried lofting on the shape and on the surface ,but gaining nothing without intention. Anyone wanna give an example , Please,cheers.

Exclamation

left to right.

jug is revolve
    cd is loft
    swept surface is sweep 2 rails.. blue lines are rails and green are cross sections.
    last surface is sweep one rail blus is rail. green is cross section.

I hope this helps... You will have to play with the settings and deformable priperties to get the results you desire..

If you are doing something and need help with a surface post it here and maybe I can getcha through it. and save learning time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails surfaces.jpg  
    Thanks Marc

Great to see other Rhino users. I started with Rhino about 4 years ago when I mostly used it for 3D graphics. Now I use it for CAD/CAM with RhinoCAM and simply love the setup.

Attached is one of the models that I am most proud of that was modeled completely in Rhino.

There is more on my website at www.netsoft2k.com

Pali
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaa.sized.jpg  

Greaat looking renders. What render are you useing?
    Thanks Marc

Thanks for the compliments. Its rendered using Brazil RS for 3DS Max.

Pali

duck

Hi all havent been here in a while so i thought i.de post.Here is a screen shot of a duck I modeled,not the greatest but hey it seemed to work.First drew the body in two sections and lofted it then i did the same for the wing and then booleened. added controll points and gave the shape some swell .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails duck.jpg