587,436 active members*
3,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 198 Alarm (Precharge Failure) TSC Not Working

198 Alarm (Precharge Failure) TSC Not Working

Hi,

We have a VF3 with coolant through the spindle and have been having issues with a hum from behind the spindle head with an unclamp alarm. I replaced the pre-charge solenoid and cleaned things up about three weeks ago and the machine was fine for a while until the second solenoid went bad and now we are getting the same problem a hum and tool unclamp alarm. Can the I/O board be bad? What else can I do to figure out the root cause?

When I disconnect the pre-charge solenoid the machine tool unclamp alarm clears but then we get another alarm TSC pre-charge failure. Might not be a good Idea but can we bypass the pressure switch just to get a job done thats on the machine now?

TSC Issue.

Hi Eric.
    The solenoid is activated with 115 VAC. if the voltage is low it will make a humming noise. It will also make the noise if the pre-charge air pressure is not set correctly to 3.8 PSI. The way that you set the pre-charge air pressure is by installing a gage with a T fitting. The pre-charge air line needs to be connected if not it will alarm out with a pre-charge failure. I can assist you more effectively if you call the Haas Automation Inc service line at 1-805-278-8500 prompt #3 for service.

Re: 198 Alarm (Precharge Failure) TSC Not Working

Vf3 had high gear fault going off intermittently, Worked fine in high and low gear, just got the fault regularly. Took the solenoid assembly out, regulator with the small orifice, air manifold to the copper pipes with the small orifice, main air supply assembly and 3 solenoid/valves all came out and cleaned. High gear alarm stopped but the first TSC tool threw the precharge failure alarm. When I manually activate the TSC solenoid, coolant dumps in the spindle somewhere, leaks out around a shaft. Anyone help me out?