587,372 active members*
3,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > anyone have any old sa2/ra2 hardware for sale?

anyone have any old sa2/ra2 hardware for sale?

looking for a 1m rom adapter for the old pcwriter and a RA2/SA2 ladder editing module...guessing some folks out there probably have them collecting dust on a shelf somewhere, if they havent been thrown away

Tim

guess I coulda listed part numbers:

rom adapter is A13B-0147-B001 (I *REALLY* need one of these)
    edit module is A02B-0120-C160

found a adapter I can borrow from a buddy for a few days, but would sure like to have one available here all the time, and Fanuc dont sell them anymore...

was really hoping to find one of these in here...guess not.

OK, anyone know of any retrofitters that were around in the mid 90's that might have one of these old 1meg rom adapters?

Ive called the guys I knew, no luck...I'm sure theres a a handful of places out there that will never use these things again- if they havent lost/tossed them out already...

A13B-0147-B001 (1M rom adapter for PcWriter)

appreciate any leads as to where I can find one...

worst case, might also be able to use a FA Writer- long as it has ITS unique 1m rom adapter(cant even find the part number for it though)

If you not have the pms writer or the fa-writer you can do nothing with the rom writer. All is fanuc hradware you cannot use a common eprom burner to dit ladder.
    I suggest you to use fanuc ladder III software to edit the PMC.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by kcho View Post
    If you not have the pms writer or the fa-writer you can do nothing with the rom writer. All is fanuc hradware you cannot use a common eprom burner to dit ladder.
    I suggest you to use fanuc ladder III software to edit the PMC.

Carlos
    We do have several PCWriters, PG Mate, PGMarkIIs, Fladder for PG/IBM/II/III, even a old suitcase programmer for the 6... I just need the '1M rom adapter' for the PCWriter so the 27c1024 chip can be read/burned...

looks like there might be a sloppy workaround- compared 'mcard' file to raw eprom data off a generic burner for the only PMC-RAx data I had on file, its almost verbatim just a title and handful of characters off...the pmc firmware type is in there in ASCII, so hopefully converting a RA!/RA2 will be same format- might write a little basic thing to quick convert from chip to 'mcard', will mess with it today to see if possible- I need to get the existing ladder into Fladder so I can start messing with it...I'll mnemonic convert/recompile before using to be certain the data is correct, worst case send the data to a buddy to burn the chip- hes got a adapter, but theyre so hard to find, kinda worry about shipping/losing it...need to have one accessible here as we tend to do a lot of automation/changes on our lines...

You need the actual PMC in the cnc. You can download the program in SFM format then with your fladder software you can convert it and edit it.
    I can help you tell me what do you need to do.
    Send me a PM with your mail please

Carlos

thought I should post a update-
    put a -0530 ram in the pmc slot, and it was loadable...so edit on the laptop, and transfer to ram, works fine.

still eventually would like a rom adapter, but not worried about running from ram till the automation is all proven out for a few weeks. can just send the final version to a buddy with the adapter to burn a chip that we can copy with a standard burner...

only thing that kinda sucked was the old ladder was inaccessible as RA2, had to use RA3 and type the whole address list in from scratch...oh well, only had to do it once...

bump...

still looking for a A13B-0147-B001 rom adapter

anyone got a bunch of A20B-2900-0530 RAM modules you might want to part with? PM me if you do...

bump...again

still looking for a A13B-0147-B001 1Meg rom adapter for pcwriter or will need some more A20B-2900-0530 RAM modules (need half a dozen to run ladders from ram unless I can find the rom adapter)... anyone?

sooner or later someones gotta run across some of this stuff...I hope

another bi-monthly bump...still looking for some of this stuff

woo-hoo... found one halfway around the world, but we finally got one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0824121401a.jpg