588,190 active members*
7,230 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi seiki seikos III

Hi All
    I have a Hitachi Seiki VK45 with Seikos III Control , I getting alarm “ can not edit ( MDI running) “ in MDI mode. Can You help Me reset it
    Thank You

you d get more consistent help posting the same question only once

what is it you are trying to do in mdi mode

looks to me your trying to edit in mdi mode ,you can t do that

Hi Dertsap
    Present I can edit new program in memory mode and then machine running no problem and DNC is same. But in MDI mode after I type any G-Code or M-function and then press Insert button, I just getting alarm "can not edit ( MDI running) “. can you help me ?
    Thank You

Exclamation help

hi, my name is Milton Suarez, and i work in a manufacturing plant. I have two HITACHI HT-50G, with SEIKI-SEICOS A10L control. We were uploading a part programm, and there was an electric overload between the p.c and the cnc...obviusly, the port for comunicate both, was damaged, and since that moment up to now, we couldn´t transmit anymore... neither uploading nor downloading. We had the same problem in another machine with Fanuc control, we solved it changing the port conection in the control from the RS-231 com 1 to rs-232 com2... in this way, we continue transmitting without problems. My question is, do Hitachi machines have other COM port as alternative? I opened the back gabinet, and i saw that there is a label where you read "RS-232 C2", but it belongs to a printer, and the conection is not the same as the common RS-232 serial 25 pin conection.
    As you see, i´m lost. i need to transmit again, i don´t know if i could use this other port, and if not, i´m afraid that i not be abble to fix the broken port.
    Any help that you could give me, is the most welcome.
    Thank you !!!!

fix for “ can not edit ( MDI running) “

this is a little late, but i needed to fix this problem this morning. to fix: go to edit, -> program -> program list -> condense.