588,506 active members*
4,730 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3T Communication

Trying to communicate with a Fanuc 3T using EditCNC. Does anyone have the settings (common, send & receive) I need to use? Also, is the cable pin configuration (25 pin machine to 9 pin laptop) the same as other Fanucs? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Here is a start http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/ncnet_dncdetails-41.htm look at the General Numerics 3 it should be the same as Fanuc.
    Also the various cable pins outs are there, use hardware HS jumered out, i.e. 3 wire cable.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the help. I can now successfully download from the CNC to the PC. I am having trouble flowing info in reverse. At CNC, I am in EDIT mode; at the keypad enter "O0999" [0999 is program name]; press INPUT; LSK flashes at the bottom right of the display; from the PC running EditCNC I send the program named "0999". As soon as SEND is entered on PC the controller registers an 085 error which according to the list of codes I have indicates a data overrun or baud rate error. Both CNC and PC are set at 4800 bps and 2 stop bits. Parity is Even, flow control Off, data bits 7
    Any suggestions??

As you can recieve to the PC, The baud rate must be Ok. make sure the control is set for ISO (1) try using different stop bits and parity on the PC end.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

try -O9999 ?..Jim.. but i think u can't use that because that is to get params in and out... try anouther #... Jim