588,210 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: mazak lathe

Unhappy mazak lathe

Just bought a mazak lathe, and the mazak service man says it only has mazatrol programming option, no g-code. I am trying to figure mazatrol out, but getting lost on getting offsets of the tools right, can somebody tell me the proper procedure, and any tidbits with the mazatrol software would be of great help.........thanks:

Mazak Lathe

What controller does your machine have?

Is your question about getting tool offsets right referring to the
    inital tool set up and defining tool geometry?

If you know G-code using the maztrol to program isn't very hard. There are a couple things you have to work around.

I am kind of curious about no-gcode. I thought all mazatol programs were converted on the fly to g-code when executed. If you can write a simple program via MDI I not sure why you couldn't write a complete program via an editor of some kind. Though, I'm sure your can cycles would be limited.

What machine do you have and what control. It is very easy to do the offsets. I'll look for a response.

not to be an a$$ but why would you spend money on a machine you werer not sure of the equipment, just asking.
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

jackson

the mazak was a package deal at the auction, was there for the hardinge with live tooling , so i ended up with both and the control is a mazatrol t plus, and machine quickturn 10...thanks

Ok that makes since, how do you like the hardinge i'm looking at one for a second op machine, did you say it has live tooling? what controlle is on it
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Is it conversational code I have a ez path bridgeport and it is conversational not g code

jackson

have 2 hardinges with ot controls, for secondary i like omniturns better

are they the ot or oti

Im not sure if Im doing this correctly or not but I run a KIA lathe and a ez path lathe one is g coode and the other is conversational could this be what your machine uses

Im not sure if Im doing this correctly or not but I run a KIA lathe and a ez path lathe one is g coode and the other is conversational could this be what your machine uses

I manage 2 SQT15 MS and a 250 MY , all with live tooling, at work. All 3 of these use the mazatrol Tplus. I can't count the number of times i have had to embed a G code program within the conversational programming. It is actually easier than you may think.
    Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    Steve