587,076 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > RF-45 Clone Mill > ENCO RF45 Clone CNC Conversion - LinuxCNC

Hybrid View

Re: ENCO RF45 Clone CNC Conversion - LinuxCNC

Mike Hall,
    Per your request I made a drive folder containing my CAD models of all the main castings except the head which I have not modeled yet. They are Solidworks 2016-17 format. I don't know if you can import that format into Autocad, but I can provide them in other formats, just let me know what you need and I can add them to the folder for you.

Below is the link, it should be a sub directory of the folder linked in post #9.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...W1xaHJwWVpsdDQ

I guess Drive is the best way to share files here. Let me know if it does not work and I'll try something else.

A master list of the components needed for the conversion is a great idea! I'll see what I can come up with in the next day or two. I assume costs should be included as well?

Regarding the motors. Those look like exactly the same ones I purchased, but they did not have them listed like that. I had to contact them to find out what was available. I'm glad to see they have torque curves and more detailed information now. Jinting must have been busy!

Kurt

Re: ENCO RF45 Clone CNC Conversion - LinuxCNC

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ View Post
    Mike Hall,

A master list of the components needed for the conversion is a great idea! I'll see what I can come up with in the next day or two. I assume costs should be included as well?

Kurt
    Maybe even a link to where you purchased your components. If you had a good experience with a vendor why not share so we can reward them with more sales. haha

Also did you make your components by CNC or manually? I am not going to have access to any CNC machines until I built mine. I am new to machining just as much as CNC so either way I will be learning along the way. I have a little tiny Craftsman 6" lathe I need to get setup but its just sitting on the bench which it has done sense I purchased it about a year ago.

Something totally not related to CNC but, if your somewhat experienced in machining I would sure appreciate a good basic tool list that would be good to have. I will need to start getting my tooling, clamping, and measuring devices on the way.