587,700 active members*
3,519 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > The G-Code mystery

The G-Code mystery

Hi there ppl

Im a novice when it comes to CNC but iv'e been doing some cad work in Rhino3D.

A friend of mine has bought a CNC (K2 KG 3925) and OneCnc XR Pro.
    He has got one computer that is running the CNC with the Controller software MACH 2 and another computer that has the OneCnc XR.

What I would like to know is, how do I get the gcode to the second computer?
    Does the OneCnc XR Pro export a gcode-file that I can run with MACH 2? or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance / MD

Well, what I do is just post the code from OneCNC with the (Mach2) postprocessor, save the code to a floppy and carry it out to the shop computer which is an ancient laptop load the file and execute it. If you have more modern computers, use one of the USB memory sticks. The G-Code is just a basic text file, when you save it, OneCNC allows your to add what ever extension you want to the file as well. .txt, .NC. CNC, what ever. Simple as can be. You could also network the computers if you wanted to, wire or wireless and share the files that way.

Thank's a million Rusty!

I got a bit confused when I couldn't find any info about gcode when I did a search in Onecnc's help-pages.

Best Regards / MD

Quote Originally Posted by rustyolddo
    Well, what I do is just post the code from OneCNC with the (Mach2) postprocessor, save the code to a floppy and carry it out to the shop computer which is an ancient laptop load the file and execute it. If you have more modern computers, use one of the USB memory sticks. The G-Code is just a basic text file, when you save it, OneCNC allows your to add what ever extension you want to the file as well. .txt, .NC. CNC, what ever. Simple as can be. You could also network the computers if you wanted to, wire or wireless and share the files that way.
    Jim Mill Here,
    I would like to know about the drawing; design end of OneCNC? I was thinking of purchasing the Pro Version.

Thank you.