587,569 active members*
3,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > synchronize Y-Axis and V-Axis on Fanuc 160i-MA

synchronize Y-Axis and V-Axis on Fanuc 160i-MA

Hi,
    I've been looking around for a way to set the two tables of our CNC mill to work as one (we have a really large wood panel to machine).
    What I've been told needs to be done is set the V-axis to take the Y-axis commands as is own too, so they'll do the same thing at the same time.

The controller is a GE Fanuc 160i-MA

the support guy told me other Fanuc models he knows have a switch "table coupling" on the panel itself, but not this one.
    The other option he gave me was that there are sub-programs numbered in the 8000-9000 within the machine itself for just that purpose.

I found one, O9002, labeled "ASSE V TRASFORMATO IN Y" (Axis V Transformation in Y, I made sure it was that) but after having a look and a couple tests with the other similar sub-program (ASSE Y TRASFORMATO IN V), it would seem that they only do change the working axis. Y becomes V, or for the other one V becomes Y (which was already the case, reason why I thought I wasn't using it properly), not the master/slave link between thoses two axis I'm looking for.

I'm looking if there is not a way to use thoses sub-progs to do what I want...

Any help on how to synchronize the tables with that controller would be appreciated! thanks

Simple synchronous control

Hi, you need the cnc function of Simple synchronous control, spec.A02B-(0282)-J843.
    Normaly you select the function by m-code in the program as needed.
    An input signal from PMC is used to select whether simple synchronization control is performed. During simple synchronization control, the move command for the master axis is issued to the two motors of the master and slave axes for synchronization control of the two axes.
    check with the MTB if this function is not already installed.

regards