588,509 active members*
4,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Tormach in Comercial Service

Hi all!

Are there any members using their Tormachs in "commercial" or production service?
    I am completing my "due diligence" in choosing a machine, and would love to hear how these mills are being used, the types of parts being made, how their mill is holding up, repeatability/accuracy, Etc.. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am planning a small start-up, and want to use this as a "bootstrap"....

Thank you in advance,

Steve

If you email Tormach they will put you in contact with users that are willing to discuss their experiences.

Regards
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by bumperscoot View Post
    Hi all!

Are there any members using their Tormachs in "commercial" or production service?
    I am completing my "due diligence" in choosing a machine, and would love to hear how these mills are being used, the types of parts being made, how their mill is holding up, repeatability/accuracy, Etc.. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am planning a small start-up, and want to use this as a "bootstrap"....

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Already been there.
    I would like to hear from users other than those picked by the manufacturer...

Steve

I have been using my Tormach for about 6 months, It has
    had a few problems but overall it is a good machine, I recently purchased one of the tooling kits and am very happy with it. I was using a Bridgeport quick change and wasn't happy with the lack of rigidity. I just finished a four cavity injection mold on it. Send me your e-mail and I will send you some pictures of the work I've done.

Already been there.
    I would like to hear from users other than those picked by the manufacturer...

Steve

just a quick fyi...

Tormach asks all customers if they would like to be a reference. I have friends who have and haven't got along with the company and their service as well as those who wouldn't trade their mill for anything.

tormach seems to be straight forward with their answers

Hi - I use a Syil X3 for commercial work (prototypes and some toolmaking) - I have been studying the Tormach and have concluded it is clearly a better machine. Much heavier, more travel , better guided slideways, ground ballscrews.....