587,908 active members*
4,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Give me G-gode!

I find myself a skilled Pro/e user, but i cant figure out how i postprocess the ncl-file to pure G-code for use with mach3

Help anybody?

Hmm, think i got it, made my own post processer in g-post, only problem i have is that it outputs N#, where # is linenumber in front of every line and ends every line with $ and when doing repeatedly circles or arcs it doesnt repeat the I and J parameters, anybody knows which setting that controls this or if mach3 can be set to handle this?

Hi I'm also very interested in a post for ProE. I use it alot for 3D modelling but I use Edgecam as Cam software. I have made a mach post for Edgecam but have noe experience in the Cam part of ProE. But it would be very interesting to try ProE as a cam software.

I think i pretty much have made pp for mach3, just used standard settings and changed some different things like modal settings, block end etc. ProE is awsome for creating toolpath, but its a bit tricky to learn. If somebody wants the pp, just send me a pm

hi Guldberg, if you go to the mfg seting then pprocessor, open your
    one then look at the start/end of program you should un-check the
    "EOB char at end of each block type image", your dollar sign
    woes should be solved.

enjoy

I'm trying to use pro n/c for mach3 as well. I get great mill code, everything works like a charm. I modified a post that was in there to get the correct settings.
    Lathe toolpaths however are driving me crazy. I cannot get it to output a toolchange or a tool offset. It leaves off lines sometimes. I can get it to work, one sequence at a time, but I cannot seem to get usable code when I need to use more than one tool.
    More often than not the lathe code will run, but the backplotter will have an unknown error and I can see when the machine moves, but the toolpaths are not displayed.
    I also cannot figure out how to make it pp code in diameter. I don't like running it in radius.
    I really want to get it working on the lathe as it works so good for the mill. I love the expert machinist.

Hi my name is George and I'm a student.I try to find ProNc Post processor for Fanuc 6M or 6M-B.Could you help me with some advices?Where can I find it?And it is reliable to program my self this post processor?Thank you

Use Option File Generator to open your post file(UNcx.pxx)
    Motion -->Circular --> IJK Modifier
    other
    Uncheck the" IJK code modal" box